Bone Shield with Blood Shield

85 Goblin Death Knight
While soloing ZG I noticed that while blood shield is up you don't lose stacks of bone shield from attacks. Anyone know if the damage reduction of bone shield applies to the damage absorbed by blood shield? If it does then it increases the efficiency of blood shield and makes me happy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As long as damage is completely absorbed, and not just by Blood Shield, you don't lose Bone Shield charges. And the damage reduction does seem to work to essentially strengthen the effects of the shields. Which is the bigger draw since odds are a raid boss will still break through the bubble, you'll just get to effectively absorb more of that blow.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Don't forget though, you're also not taking a bunch of damage from the mobs in ZG. When you actually do things that are equivalent to your level I think its unrealistic to think that at level 85 you'll see less of the whole 'double dipping' functionality between the two.
Edited by Krisys on 11/14/2010 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Don't forget though, you're also not taking a bunch of damage from the mobs in ZG. When you actually do things that are equivalent to your level I think its unrealistic to think that at level 85 you'll see less of the whole 'double dipping' functionality between the two.
Between the two abilities strictly, yes it's quite likely that there won't be as much of them working in tandem.
However the 20% from Bone Shield is also going to help Anti-Magic Shell, Power Word: Shield, PW: Barrier until it's upcoming change, Divine Aegis, Illuminated Healing, and any other absorbs that may come up in addition to Blood Shield. If you're in a raid with plenty of sources for these effects, Bone Shield could conceivably last far longer than what we're used to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]