Necrosis

85 Undead Warlock
Necrosis is a GREAT addon, but currently, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been updated to 4.0
Anyone know of something really similar, or a fix, or an update I haven't found?

Cause seriously, I grow tired of keeping track of where all those darn buttons go.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
LunarSphere can do much the same thing with a bit of configuration. It's not updated for 4.0 yet, but at least it will be.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Necrosis will at some point too, I just grow tired of waiting :P
Reply Quote
PowerAura > Necrosis ,cause it works for all of your characters. And it's updated, and is actually more powerful than necrosis.

THIS!!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Lunar sphere has a pretty decent bete version available working on 4.0.1, and functions almost exactly like necrosis for handling summons etc...

Procs however are better handled by mods like Parrot, Power Auras, or Fore Xorcist (Or all 3 in my case)
Reply Quote
59 Human Warlock
Just an FYI

"LunarSphere is currently not compatible with WOW 4.0. I am aware of this issue and I am still working on converting the code over to work with the 4.0 patch.

Sorry for the delay, but I want to make sure all features still work, and right now, some features require massive rewrites that I'm currently underway with. While I could release the version I have right now so people will have a version of LS that works, button wise, a lot of the button types (mounts, menu button), UI hiding features, and other areas do not work and I would hate to release a half-working LS just so people could use some of it. That's just not my style."

Thank you for your patience, and I hope to have a working LunarSphere for you all soon!

-Moongaze
Edited by Ïnflames on 11/11/2010 5:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
PowerAura > Necrosis ,cause it works for all of your characters. And it's updated, and is actually more powerful than necrosis.

I think its more the button-condensing factor and less the proc watching factor he is talking about here hehe.

Plus NTK (need to know) > PowerAura. Its cleaner, simpler, and lags you a lot less.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

I think its more the button-condensing factor and less the proc watching factor he is talking about here hehe.

Plus NTK (need to know) > PowerAura. Its cleaner, simpler, and lags you a lot less.

He's right, I just don't want a freaking hundred buttons everywhere. Where will I fit all my RP macros?!

Also, IMO, ForteXorsist > PowerAura, though I tend to mix the two for best results.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Also, IMO, ForteXorsist > PowerAura, though I tend to mix the two for best results.
This with the force of a freight train. The best timer/cooldown addon there is by far.

If you want to handle a lot of macros, get Macaroon or Bindpad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I had to uninstall FortXorcist after 4.0.1 due to the errors caused by it causing my FPS to drop through the floor. Was it fixed?
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
TF
Necrosis has always been horrible. I have no idea why people insist on using that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I had to uninstall FortXorcist after 4.0.1 due to the errors caused by it causing my FPS to drop through the floor. Was it fixed?

I use it - it works fine for me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The only thing I ever used Necrosis for was it's shard management (fire/spell stones, soulstone, summoning demon etc...) So, now I just have an extra bar sitting to the side to manage my summon pets, soulstone, health stone portal and summoning portal.

I miss my weapon enchants, tho =(
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
You could really duplicate Necrosis' functionality in Bartender4 now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Well, mostly so I could have all the buttons I only use once in a while in a place where they wouldn't get in the way.
Multiple functionality buttons helped a lot.
Having a button for all creating healthstones, using healthstones, and using the soulwell all in 1 button is cool. (Same for soulstone with using it and portal)
And then having the ability to use that one spell for summoning pets insta casts with 1 button press. I still right click the summon pet button once in a while when I meant to soulburn...
Sure I could do it with a macro, but isn't it much nicer having the ability to pick which with which button you press?

That's mostly what I miss about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The only thing I ever used Necrosis for was it's shard management (fire/spell stones, soulstone, summoning demon etc...) So, now I just have an extra bar sitting to the side to manage my summon pets, soulstone, health stone portal and summoning portal.

I miss my weapon enchants, tho =(

ShardAce was much better for that. Unfortunately it also went the way of the dodo.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
A lot of the functionality has been made part of the default ui, as well as a lot of changes to warlock mechanics in general. I mainly used to use it as a shard counter as well as essentially extra action bars for demons and summons, etc. Since the changes to shard mechanics as well as the 1 button demon summon, I honestly find very little use for it now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
This is not a question of which addon is more efficient. I want my Necrosis back. Period.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]