Deep Freeze in pvp

80 Night Elf Druid
I dont know if this is latency issues or waht, or if something was changed with cool downs.. but every time I get hit by a deep freeze, it knocks me out of form. It just happened 3 times in a row while i was in bear form spamming mangle / whatever.

Anyone else had stuff like this happen to them lately?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
huh... the only time i get knocked out of form during deep freeze is if i manage to press my shift button, it'll let me shift out but not into form. that and trying to shift a nova and then getting deep freezed. the problem of actually getting knocked out of form while going nowhere near the form-shift button is not something that's occured with me afaik. :\
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I really wish they would change that mechanic of the game for druids, if I am stunned or immoblized then do not shift me out of the form that I am in, even if I hit the button to shift. I am stunned/immoblized that means I can't do anything so don't shift me.

But to answer your ? no I am not having that issue.
Edited by Frigidwitch on 11/11/2010 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
huh... the only time i get knocked out of form during deep freeze is if i manage to press my shift button, it'll let me shift out but not into form. that and trying to shift a nova and then getting deep freezed. the problem of actually getting knocked out of form while going nowhere near the form-shift button is not something that's occured with me afaik. :\

This is pretty much what I've seen as well.

Now, I wouldn't mind if they changed it so that if you get deep freezed (is that a word?) you cannot shift out of form at all as was suggested. It's pretty dumb that if you are frozen like that you can shift out of form, but not back into it (even if it didn't break the freeze effect.)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to blame it on latency, current game mechanics and myself then.. haha. I must be spamming my snare breaker *just in case* or something and I happen to get caught while doing so in bear form or whatever I'm doing.

I agree with the above, doesn't make sense that I can shift out, but not shift in, while immobilized. Just immobilize me, 0 casts (except barkskin and trinket!), period.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This issue has been addressed before by blizzard iirc. It is a latency issue that they can't/won't be fixed. Apparently stuns can slide inbetween the small amount of time to shift forms.

Ex: You don't go from cat -> bear, you go cat -> caster -> bear. You don't see it but that is what it does. The only real fix is to have better latency than the other guy.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
This issue has been addressed before by blizzard iirc. It is a latency issue that they can't/won't be fixed. Apparently stuns can slide inbetween the small amount of time to shift forms.

Ex: You don't go from cat -> bear, you go cat -> caster -> bear. You don't see it but that is what it does. The only real fix is to have better latency than the other guy.

Ah I didn't realize that's how it worked. I guess I just assumed that if I was cat and I hit the default blizzard bear spell button that it switched right to that.. didn't know it went caster first.

Bummer :\

Happened again last night, not as much though, I tried to be a bit smarter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It used to be that you couldn't go directly from one form to the next(cat ->bear) you had to go to caster in between. This is back in vanilla. I dont know when they changed it. Also back in vanilla you couldnt change forms at all when stunned/feared/etc, and and to just sit there and take it. Right before BC came out they had it that you could shift of of forms while stunned/feared/etc, but you could only go out of form, to caster. What ive had with deep freeze is that im switching to something else after i get hit by frost nova, and in that infinitesimally small space of time im noved, they cast deep freeze, thus stunned in caster or travel.

Most people will shift out of forms to get rid of snares, since it doesnt cause GCD, so they can switch back immediately. That may be what is happening to you, shifting out and then stunned in caster. It may also be that frost mages are just really quick to use deep freeze after they nova someone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]