Ganker's Kit of Ganking 2.0

(Sticky)

90 Gnome Rogue
Had a good time ganking the Brewfest this weekend.

Nothing like finding someone flagged for PVP struggling to get as many barrels as they can on a ram run and there I am sapping, killing and generally making the quest a living hell....

Good times.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/11/2010 01:45 AMPosted by Tantojutsu
Be wary of performing an excessive act in PvP - repeated emoting, corpse-camping or reinforcement overkill will only serve to help the Rogue remember who you are and what you did to them.

So true. i see som1 emoting and there my number 1 target.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Great thread. I haven't had time to read all of the posts, but was curious to know if some of

the items you get from quests (such as Distilled Stalker Sight) can be bought after you do the

quest, like noggenfrogger elixir. Is this possible or do you only get the initial ones you get as a

reward from doing the quest?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
@Khard: For the most part, quest rewards are a one-time-only type of thing. Noggenfogger is a rare exception.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
A thread supporting killing defenseless lowbies instead of people that stand a chance?!

I don't want to live on this planet any more.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
A thread supporting killing defenseless lowbies instead of people that stand a chance?!

Harden up princess

i remember back in vanilla days when ganking was an art form. I once saw a gnome rogue once in the middle of 10 horde kill someone after a rez i mean he pops up the gets smacked down again. I rofled for a solid 10 minutes but the sneaky bugger just disappeared never saw him again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

Harden up princess

i remember back in vanilla days when ganking was an art form. I once saw a gnome rogue once in the middle of 10 horde kill someone after a rez i mean he pops up the gets smacked down again. I rofled for a solid 10 minutes but the sneaky bugger just disappeared never saw him again.

I get one of these almost every weekend -- except we rarely just outright kill them. We try to be more creative and use an engineering device or something else that generates a laugh.

The best is getting someone when they reincarnate or soulstone...
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Rogue
Okay with a low level rouge like me all i like to do is BG, and i'v had some problums with plate wearers soo this stuff will really help thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Was a good read on lunch break I think when i get off today I'm gonna go a murdering.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
My alts hate all of you.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Are there zones in this game where you can just lock down an opposite faction's outpost or are the guards OP everywhere?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/21/2011 09:33 AMPosted by Nuntis
Are there zones in this game where you can just lock down an opposite faction's outpost or are the guards OP everywhere?

To my knowledge and experience, the best you can hope for is burning less than two sprint vanishes, etc. Some smaller villages don't have the elites, but non-elite 85 guards will re-spawn ad nauseum until you bail.... so lame.

You definitely want to stay away from enemy start zones now -- those have level 90 Elites that can almost one shot you with ranged....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
11/22/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Çurly

To my knowledge and experience, the best you can hope for is burning less than two sprint vanishes, etc. Some smaller villages don't have the elites, but non-elite 85 guards will re-spawn ad nauseum until you bail.... so lame.

You definitely want to stay away from enemy start zones now -- those have level 90 Elites that can almost one shot you with ranged....

That's no fun :/ I was aiming to be able to have the freedom logging in and logging out in an enemy city .

In regards to ganking though I killed a couple of horde members outside Org dueling .
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

That's no fun :/ I was aiming to be able to have the freedom logging in and logging out in an enemy city .

In regards to ganking though I killed a couple of horde members outside Org dueling .

RE: Org kills -- those are fun! Nothing like one shotting an 85 just as he is about to lose a duel, or has just lost one -- lol.

Technically, you could log out in an enemy city, like Org, but you have to make sure you are out of sight and aggro range of guards - and of course players. I sometimes log in an empty hut.

In the villages it's easier, and you probably could just walk away from the guards while killing them -- once you get out of town they stop re-popping so if you kill the one on you and are out you won't need vanish or sprint. the problem is when you are in town, you get multiple guards on you and they can take your health down -- and don't aggro the flight masters...

One fun thing in Org is in the Cleft of Shadows, people port in flagged and you can kill them and then run into Ragefire Chasm to get away from the guards. Only problem is if you walk out the guards will aggro and attack while you are loading in. We use that for our last kills of the night and just Hearth home after.
Edited by Çurly on 11/23/2011 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
impressive list!
Reply Quote
64 Human Mage
This is an awesome list... but I wonder...

Since the introduction to Cross server dungeon, do people even leave their cities anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
This is an awesome list... but I wonder...

Since the introduction to Cross server dungeon, do people even leave their cities anymore?

yea, this has made a huge dent in the fun. Victims are much more difficult to find, though they are still out there. You can't level gathering within the safe walls of Org... And folks do still do a few quests here and there. The BC zones seem to be the hottest lately. back when I was Horde, Redridge was like Disneyland -- always tons of people doing quests. Now, I think even that has dried up.

Sad....in a funny kind of way...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
lots of good stuff guys the wickerman in uc was a great place to gank and get my city defender title on 5 of my horde toons. also love killing duelers outside of org
another thing to do is kill the npcs outside of org you can usually get someone to look for you even low levels will see the distress chat and investigate. miss the days of brining org or sw to its knees killing all the auctioneers
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Very good guide! I have a funny story to tell from yesterday.

I was flying to Booty Bay to pick up some supplies, when my spy addon picks up a lowly horde paladin questing somewhere in the dense jungle below. It had been days since I'd seen any horde so I literally jumped off my mount in excitement! The only problem was my mount may have been 300 feet in the air.

But alas! My dire circumstances quickly grew worse, as I wasn't sure exactly where this paladin was in the area. Being the clever rogue that I am, I stealthed in midair knowing that if my plan didn't work I would be one dead rouge. Spamming shadowstep and praying to the brotherhood, I fell to my certain doom. He was walking down the path right below me, and with a warlock friend too! My shadowstep from above let me swoop onto his back and plant my dagger in his neck, while vanishing before the little warlock's eyes... leaving him in wonder. The wonder still glimmering in his eyes as I garroted him and laughed as he met his fate.

True story, and it turns out two alliance pals were getting killed by them repeatedly were running back from a corpse run and spotted me in the act.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just came across this thread and would like to correct something for the OP. The Free Action Potion makes you immune for 6 seconds, not 10. Other than that, I haven't found any alchemy errors yet, lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]