Ganker's Kit of Ganking 2.0

(Sticky)

85 Worgen Rogue
I did not know the Crashin' Trashin' Racer could be used while stealthed, very nice, I picked that up after reading this.

On a side note, I MC'd a hordie with the Engineering tinker in AB and tried to run him off LM. It broke when he was right at the edge but he proceeded to fall through the world.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Great thread, this is going to be really useful.

Does anyone know if we will be able to use this stuff in rated BGs ? I feel like I read somewhere that engineering profession enchants weren't allowed, but what about stuff like this?

Anyway, thanks op, you are a gentleman among scoundrels.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
this is mostly intended for world PvP...which I hope will make at least a minor comeback in Cata
also, added latest suggestions
Edited by Tantojutsu on 11/13/2010 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Good one^ Added
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/item=30847 can also be used in some circumstances to kill people and/or escape. Only works in Outland/Northrend, as far as I know.
Edited by Dert on 11/15/2010 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
wow that's pretty cool
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/item=30847 can also be used in some circumstances to kill people and/or escape. Only works in Outland/Northrend, as far as I know.

I'm curious, how does one kill with this?
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue
You could add slowfall and parachute cape too, for those pesky fliers who think they're "safe" high up in the air. Allows you to kill them high in the air and slowfall down to safety.

+ Shadow step + Shadow DAnce + Ambush?
Top gun style ;)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Free Action Potion...pop one of those and take a few people down watch the "HACKER" accusations fly. Alot of people forget about this little ol potion.

/drink
/stealth
/fun
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Since when have we been able to FoK during Killing Spree? I didn't notice until recently. Anyhow, it's nice to get a bit more damage in and hopefully finish someone off if you're KS'ing someone on a flying mount. If I find myself in opportune situations with lots of people on flying mounts (after WG, probably all over Cata levelling zones) I bring along a slow offhand to swap in before I KS, adds a nice bit of damage.
Edited by Stardragon on 11/16/2010 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great ideas! I'm a nub rogue so this is VERY helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Updated for Cataclysm. Hooray for item links. ...Please keep sharing and I'll keep adding to the list!
Edited by Tantojutsu on 12/21/2010 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
65 Tauren Death Knight
With so much QQ these days we need more positive threads, focusing on the highlights of playing a rogue. Have you all forgotten why you play this class?
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Rogue
I just want to thank you Tantojutsu for this awesome thread! I'm new to this game, and every little bit of information really helps! I love Rogue because I love Spy in TF2. :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
The front forum page sickeningly overflows with QQ. We are Rogues, not Rouge wearing pansies. Any new recruit to the class who comes here has my sympathy. I love my Rogue, and if I can spread that feeling to others, or rekindle a lost love, all the better.

Vanish is not broken, it's different. Kittens don't have Vanish. Nor do they have Cloak. Nor do they have the coolness factor. Cuddly, maybe. Stunlock is not dead, at least not with the Garrote glyph against casters.

Rogues are not useless.

Above all else, Wold PvP is back! Zones new and old alike are filled with people of all levels questing and farming. However, adventurers have forgotten the open world belongs to us. It is our domain. The adage of safety in numbers has gone by the wayside in our perceived absence. Lone quest seekers no longer keep an eye over their shoulder. I provide this thread in the hopes of offering a remedy. Go forth and awaken dormant fears in those now accustomed to ignoring their surrounding shadows.

The day - strike that - the night shall come again when the Rogue forums' front page is filled not with the QQ of our class comrades, but of our felled enemies.
Edited by Tantojutsu on 12/24/2010 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
36 Goblin Rogue
Holy crap man, I'm fairly new to this game. Only been playing bout 2 months. And I'm very new to the Rogue class but I'm loving it. This post and this thread is nothing short of epic. Very nicely done and very nicely said. My thanks to you.
Reply Quote
59 Blood Elf Rogue
My main was half way to exhalted with ZG, to get the free action potion, sucks that he'll never be able to get now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]