Ganker's Kit of Ganking 2.0

(Sticky)

85 Human Rogue
03/08/2011 7:58 AMPosted by Disasstah
Explosive sheep or rabbits while stealthed in lowbie zones is the pro way to gank.

Add this now!
Reply Quote
Wow, how in the world did I miss this little gem? I gotta go try some of these things out...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Am I dreaming? A sticky?!

Thanks everyone for the sticky-requests and suggestions (my, how this thread has grown!). I'm (pleasantly) dumbfounded by Blizzard's openness to such a thread. They like us! They really like us!

Edit: 100th reply :P
Edited by Tantojutsu on 3/12/2011 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
They like us! They really like us!

Shhhh, that's supposed to be a secret! Let all the other classes continue to think we're hated. :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Am I dreaming? A sticky?!

Thanks everyone for the sticky-requests and suggestions (my, how this thread has grown!). I'm (pleasantly) dumbfounded by Blizzard's openness to such a thread. They like us! They really like us!

Edit: 100th reply :P

:D!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
This very much deserves the sticky, especially now that ganking requires some effort. Grats!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Back in mid Wrath I was levelling engineering and had plenty of leftover Boxes of Bombs and Global Thermal Sapper Charges.

I never did test using Cloak right before the sapper to absorb the damage or using Cold Blood to see if it would cause more damage (or using both *Evil Grin*), but the GTSC is perfect for taking out unsuspecting low levels...completely by surprise too.

If you're and Engineer, just find a group of flagged lowbies hanging out, stay stealthed and waltz right up to them and clicp the sapper for an instant mushroom cloud of death. You might even macro FoK with the Sapper for a nice shrapnel effect.

I did exactly that to four level 30 something Alliance at Nessingwary's Camp in STV one night, they were standing there and I snuck up on them stealthed. I then one shotted all of them with one Sapper. I bet the look on their faces was a kodak moment.

The current CATA bombs are fun too, Big Daddy it's called. If your target hasn't taken any sort of damage prior to your attack with them (hence being unaware as the tooltip says) they take even more damage.

For Rogue miners and dealing with those pesky ore thieves that try to steal your node if/when you aggro a nearby mob, just vanish ( I use a Cloak+evade+ vanish macro) you will drop all aggro onto your wouldbe thief and then you can safely mine the node while the other guy has to deal with the mobs.

If it's opposing faction, you could stealth and wait by a node and then jump your target.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Added Big Daddy, great suggestion!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
By way of belated but heartfelt congratulations for the sticky, Tanto, I would like to take a moment of silence in memory of Really Sticky Glue. You are missed, lost friend of the gank.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Six pages, one hundred posts, not a single mention of Thistle Tea. Such a shame.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's decaf now.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Rogue
cool list, i dint know half of those items exsisted, or where to get them until now
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Honestly I was never one to gank but this list has gotten my gears grinding again.
I used to sneak into Org at least once a week to annoy the AH folks, thats not really possible anymore.

Reply Quote
You forgot an engineering tinker that attaches to your belt and lets you MC someone for 10 seconds. It is pretty cool using it and people wondering what the hell is happening.
Edited by Linarin on 3/23/2011 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Six pages, one hundred posts, not a single mention of Thistle Tea. Such a shame.

So second nature i did not even think of it....and if only it could be chugged!

Another really great thing is during Yule Holiday.... The mechanical Greench willl go after any stealthed opposing faction player that is flagged.

Also fun using it some distance away from another player (usually lower level) then stealthing and moving into range.

The opposing faction player will all of a sudden see this crazed mechanical come out of nowhere and kill them .... all while you sith there stealthed and LAMO at them.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I must say I love this post. Its become a new focus to get as much of the ganking kit as possible. Can't wait to start using it all :D
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I made use od Sap last week, against a low level Rogue.

I was passing through WPL/EPL doing Archaeology and spotted a 38 Lowbie, I paths with him once or twice as I went about surveying. So when I was done I went up to him and got nearly face to face and stealthed right in front of him...and he starts backing up like a chicken.

I sapped him once then twice, and could have sworn he wet his pants thinking he was about to get ganked as I mounted my dragon and flew over his head as he was still sapped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]