Redesign the Discipline Mastery

85 Night Elf Priest
Just an oddity to consider: Discipline is "punished" for having shields that are too tough currently. If your shields are too powerful and go unpopped, you receive no mana from rapture.

An example from live; during LK's first phase many discipline priests remove their main hand item to ensure that their PW:S is not so powerful that infest doesn't pop it. Granted, they do this to allow multiple bubbles to pop simultaneously and gain a much larger rapture tick at once, but down the road this could be an issue.
There's an internal cooldown on Rapture now. Multiple bubbles popping at once returns the same as a single bubble popping.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
There are still logs from folks who are seeing multiple returns from rapture, so long as the bubbles pop simultaneously.

Ref: http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t105999-healing_priest_faq_v4_0_1_surviving_until_december_7th/
Multi-Rapture: has been tested to still work. Looks very much overpowered now in combination with the reduced cooldown of 6s.
If you reforge to mastery as suggested, depending on gear Infest may no longer break your shields at the Lich King. You can work around this by changing you flask (at the cost of re-flasking), turning off Inner Fire, or even switching out your weapon, ideally a combination of the above with the minimum impact. Obviously, this only makes sense if you do have mana problems without multiple rapture procs.

The post was last updated on November 13th, 2010, and I saw it as late as last week. I have not tested it since 4.0.3, but I doubt it has changed.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
There are still logs from folks who are seeing multiple returns from rapture, so long as the bubbles pop simultaneously.

Ref: http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t105999-healing_priest_faq_v4_0_1_surviving_until_december_7th/
Multi-Rapture: has been tested to still work. Looks very much overpowered now in combination with the reduced cooldown of 6s.
If you reforge to mastery as suggested, depending on gear Infest may no longer break your shields at the Lich King. You can work around this by changing you flask (at the cost of re-flasking), turning off Inner Fire, or even switching out your weapon, ideally a combination of the above with the minimum impact. Obviously, this only makes sense if you do have mana problems without multiple rapture procs.

The post was last updated on November 13th, 2010, and I saw it as late as last week. I have not tested it since 4.0.3, but I doubt it has changed.

afaik, it's still working, though the ICD was bumped back up to 12s on Beta
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Confirmed last evening. Multiple bubbles popping in the same frame will all return mana.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Confirmed last evening. Multiple bubbles popping in the same frame will all return mana.

Was that on live or in beta?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest

Was that on live or in beta?

Live.

Threw some shields on targets that couldn't seem to avoid frost bombs. 2 popped simultaneously, 2 hits of rapture.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
11/11/2010 10:40 AMPosted by Manjula
The whole mastery stat should be removed across the board for all classes.

This would be a huge nerf to Frost Mage PvE and PvP damage, you guys are crazy, stack something else. Let us Frost Mages stack enough mastery to kill in a Deep Freeze.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
11/11/2010 10:40 AMPosted by Manjula
The whole mastery stat should be removed across the board for all classes.

I don't see them doing this, they've spent considerable design time on mastery.

However some masteries are far better than others and that doesn't seem right to me.

Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I also think they should just get rid of Mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
11/11/2010 10:19 AMPosted by Korvox
So I propose the mastery be changed to " Increases the amount absorbed by your absorption effects by 10% and increases all healing done to targets affected by weakened soul by 10%, +1.25% per point mastery".

Thats really nice!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
wont let me delete this xtra post ><
Edited by Avaskie on 12/6/2010 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]