Why Valkyrie raised Forsakens side with...

90 Human Mage
Sylvanas.

''Old'' Forsakens could have some understanding with Sylvanas. Arthas killed them, enslaved them, and Sylvanas freed them

CATA Forskaens, however, are killed by Sylvanas while defending their friends and homes from Sylvanas troops. So much for free will...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Sylvanas.

''Old'' Forsakens could have some understanding with Sylvanas. Arthas killed them, enslaved them, and Sylvanas freed them

CATA Forskaens, however, are killed by Sylvanas while defending their friends and homes from Sylvanas troops. So much for free will...
Where else would they go? The Alliance would kill them. The Argent Crusade is past the Bulwark, which is Forsaken controlled. You heard of Redpath? He rebelled. And was killed by the player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The reaction of Redpath, honestly, should not be that exceptionnal...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Shame they turned Redpath into a Rotbrain. They should really revert him to his former, awesome self, going out in a blaze of glory.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
Shame they turned Redpath into a Rotbrain. They should really revert him to his former, awesome self, going out in a blaze of glory.

Honestly they should have made him into a re-occuring 'villain' of the zone.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Sylvanas.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. Sylvanas should have a civil war on her hand right now. I can't find one good reason why a person would be loyal to the person that killed them in life.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Considering that the Argent Crusade counts Bartholomew the Revered and Captain Rupert and the Alliance has Death Knight's among it's numbers, it would be fallacious to state that either would kill them out of hand.

Something happens to cause such a personality shift.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You're right, it doesn't make sense. Sylvanas should have a civil war on her hand right now. I can't find one good reason why a person would be loyal to the person that killed them in life.

I suspect someone (either the val'kyr or Sylvanas herself) is using magic to ensure their obedience.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I suspect someone (either the val'kyr or Sylvanas herself) is using magic to ensure their obedience.

Or death and rebirth may change one's outlook on the world.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

Then why do Godfrey and his boys turn on her? They didn't appear to be raised any differently then the dozens of new Forsaken we've seen up until that point.

Edited by Liuv on 11/11/2010 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Then why do Godfrey and his boys turn on her? They didn't appear to be raised any differently then the dozens of new Forsaken we've seen up until that point.

And, in fact, we see non-charmed, newly-raised Forsaken behaving similarly to those that are charmed. I still think it's largely a result of their circumstances (except in WPL when it's most assuredly charming, as per the quest text.)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I would imagine being changed into the monster you once hated/feared would change your outlook on things.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would imagine being changed into the monster you once hated/feared would change your outlook on things.

It doesn't. It didn't change Sylvanas at least, and that's as cannon as it gets. Sylvanas was raised by Arthas after he killed her. She swore revenge and was driven by that revenge until the end. I don't see why it should be any different for the others.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

If being raised as a zombie consistently changes one's outlook to the point where they'll willingly abandon their past, swear fealty to the one that murdered them, and make war on their former kin... why did the Scourge ever bother using magic to compel obedience? It seems like that step was wholly unnecessary.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

If being raised as a zombie consistently changes one's outlook to the point where they'll willingly abandon their past, swear fealty to the one that murdered them, and make war on their former kin... why did the Scourge ever bother using magic to compel obedience? It seems like that step was wholly unnecessary.

Because it would make it easier for the Legion to take control of the Scourge once the Lich King had outlived his usefulness.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
So your basing that assumption on one person?

Furthermore, I didn't realize Sylvanas was evil during her life.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue

That's a distorted way of putting it.
Reply Quote
Not every corpse the Valkyr raise as a Forsaken were killed by the Forsaken.

The ones we see raised during the quest progression are needed on the front lines immediately, and usually just cannon fodder that we don't see again afterward. (Yes, I won't deny it, only Godfrey and the other Lords seemed to be of any 'special' circumstance.)

Death is probably a scary thing for people who aren't completely and utterly devoted to the light. Whatever most of them saw on the other side (Darkness/oblivion) could have convinced them when they were brought back, that they'd prefer anything, even joining their former enemy than going back to it.

Reply Quote
84 Undead Warrior
Look, the Stormwind humans turned back the homeless people trying to get into Sentinel Hill. Why? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's...) Because Vanessa Vancleef blew up some buildings in Sentinel Hill.

Now, why the heck would you let undead, who have the word of no one but themselves into your borders? Keep in mind that they are at war with the Forsaken.

I can see political asylum, but it'd be extraordinarily hard to get it, seeing the war against the Forsaken is going on right... in one month.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]