Healing in Cataclysm?

10 Draenei Priest
Dps low, healer goes oom, healer takes blame.
Tank doesnt have enough mitigation healer goes oom, healer takes blame.
Dps stands in fire, healer goes oom, healer takes blame
Tank overpulls, it looks fine till healer goes oom, healer takes blame

OP, don't let this person scare you. It's true that the healing model is changing, and things are going to be harder (for everyone), but the "new" healing model is actually a step back to how things were before wotlk. If you played in BC, then you probably remember when heroics actually required people to know what they're doing.

If your dps is too low, your group should fail.
If your tank's mitigation is too low, your group should fail.
If the dps stands in fire, your group should fail.
If the tank overpulls, your group should fail.

Everyone needs to do their job, and do it well, in order for your group to succeed. The only alternative would be to have easy dungeons, where players are not penalized for making bad decisions. If other people blame the healer for their own failures, they're going to have to learn quickly or else they're not going to get very far in cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think a lot of it depends on your raid leader or guild leader as the case may be. A good raid leader is going to look into all reasons for a wipe as will the healers usually. The most important things you can do as a new healer imo is

1. Own up to your own screw-ups. You will have them, and your group will pay the price for them. Taking your own blame not only builds rapport with your group, but if your guild is good, saves a lot of time in searching combat logs and finger pointing.

2. Practice compassion when someone else screws it up. They will too. Don't ever take it too seriously. That's usually when it stops being fun and turns into a job.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think a lot of it depends on your raid leader or guild leader as the case may be. A good raid leader is going to look into all reasons for a wipe as will the healers usually. The most important things you can do as a new healer imo is

1. Own up to your own screw-ups. You will have them, and your group will pay the price for them. Taking your own blame not only builds rapport with your group, but if your guild is good, saves a lot of time in searching combat logs and finger pointing.

2. Practice compassion when someone else screws it up. They will too. Don't ever take it too seriously. That's usually when it stops being fun and turns into a job.

I agree totally. 1 is very important. Your fellow healers will quite easily find out who screwed up (it takes seconds with a good log mod.) and you owning up proves you know what you did wrong, and can make sure you don't make that mistake again. Or if you failed in your assignment but don't know why (assignments are coming back big in Cata, so you'll have one,) you can ask and get help. Making mistakes is only bad if you don't learn from them.

Reply Quote
10 Draenei Priest
It's not a question of whether it ~should~ fail. The point is, it WILL fail. And healers will take the brunt of the flying crap because, let's face it, tanks and DPS are infallible.

How many "bad healers" will these tanks and dps need to group with before they realize that it isn't really the healers' fault - that instead, the game is simply more difficult and that more is expected from the whole group? Like I said, people who are unable to adapt to the changes aren't going to get very far. Of course bad players are going to blame others for their lack of success. Let them. If you are a good healer, then other good players should recognize it and will want you in their groups and in their guilds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I started a thread like this then it was deleted so be careful the mods are sensitive little things. . .

ANYWAYS, I hate healing in cata, everything costs too much mana, heals are way way WAY too weak. PLUS, my biggest heal is only a 24K crit on a tank with 140k HP on an average heroic. They really need to double healing, reduce the cost by 50%, and buff dps by 75% cause the numbers at 85 are soo crappy they are like end game WotLK content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]