Enhance Shaman rotation

85 Draenei Shaman
*deep breathe*

Is it really going to stay this simple? Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Shock, and Maelstrom.

I've noticed Maelstrom doesn't feel like it procs very often, so I'm ALWAYS waiting on these small cooldowns.

It has got so bad I glyphed stoneclaw for extra pve rotation. I would like to hear from the haste stacking enhancement players.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warlock
Indeed, Haste is pretty bad now.

Obviously it's not going to stay that simple either, since we're adding Unleash Elements into the mix at level 81. The +60% attack speed buff from that is bound to help increase the frequency of MW procs, too.

We're meant to have one free GCD every 10 seconds or so for random stuff. Sounds pretty good to me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
No one stacks Haste anymore.

It'll be fine at 85. There's less than a month until Cata. Spam Lightning Shield like we used to. It'll fill gaps just fine.

This.

We'll get Unleash Elements at level 81, and that will bring back SOME complexity, but it will still be fairly simple.
Reply Quote
well I prefer simple over having to have an add on to manage my procs and get a decent dps number on the board.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
well I prefer simple over having to have an add on to manage my procs and get a decent dps number on the board.

Never did before.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Blizz wants everyone to have some breathing room in their rotations. For melee this comes in the form of cooldown gaps in the rotation. Casters take their breaks with cast times and filler spells.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Wait a minute, I think I missed the boat, oh and I'm a scrub. Enhancement is stacking Agi now?
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
Since when has Enhancement been about "rotation"......... granted I haven't been on in 5 months. But even now using "priority" to DPS still keeps me up in the 4-5k in raids
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Blizz wants everyone to have some breathing room in their rotations. For melee this comes in the form of cooldown gaps in the rotation. Casters take their breaks with cast times and filler spells.

Rogues and Feral Druids have at most half our breathing room in rotations. For them, they even get to choose a different ability.

It'll be fine at 85. There's less than a month until Cata. Spam Lightning Shield like we used to. It'll fill gaps just fine.

Um...maybe I'm missing something, but the glyph of lightning shield seems to be too good not to get as enhancement. What else would we get? As for Cata, either we get ALOT more utility (not cc) moments, or we get more haste for maelstrom. Cata only gives enhance one ability and...wait for it....it's a 15 second cooldown. Largest one yet for our rotation.

I am holding hope that cata will cure all ailments as of late, but the blunder of wotlk is unforgettable. Though to be fair, it could be the biggest blunder ever for bliz.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
blunder of blizz? how? in relation to enh shamans that is. only thing they failed on for us in wotlk was increasing the magma totem duration (personal opinion) and leaving us with %@%@ty survivability. imo the changes they made to the class for cata is far worse, the reliance on the gayest spell in our anersal as the new haymaker (lava lash) the removal of mana management, overall just dumbing down the class and STILL failing to give us the survivability we've been needing since bc.

its enough that ive switched mains to disc priest for cata and making this guy ele MS. and this is from a enh addict since bc, i didnt even have an alt above level 49 until well into wotlk. No more red-headed stepkid for me, im out.

We have 1 free GCD every 10 seconds at 85.
Managing mana has never been a problem for Enh since 3.0.
Thinking Lava Lash is gay doesn't make it a bad ability.
Also, I'd like to think a huge amount more HP, SR as a mostly defensive cooldown, and a few other changes hardly qualify as "no survivability increases."

Long story short: You mad.

The only thing I agree was a bad move, was making Lava Lash our strongest attack.

While I wouldn't say it's "gay" or "bad" I just don't like that it's so strong because it changes what Enhancement has always been about: Storm Strike and Earth Shock.
Edited by Matuk on 11/14/2010 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Wait a minute, I think I missed the boat, oh and I'm a scrub. Enhancement is stacking Agi now?

Since 4.0.1.

Since when has Enhancement been about "rotation"......... granted I haven't been on in 5 months. But even now using "priority" to DPS still keeps me up in the 4-5k in raids

Uhhh is that in ICC? Because 4-5k w/ 30% buff is absolutely awful. :3

Well sorry not everyone had the chance to farm for sanctified :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Since 4.0.1.

You don't need Sanctified to pull 4-5k with the 30% buff.

The only thing I agree was a bad move, was making Lava Lash our strongest attack.

While I wouldn't say it's "gay" or "bad" I just don't like that it's so strong because it changes what Enhancement has always been about: Storm Strike and Earth Shock.

The thing is that ES is so NOT a big deal anymore, and the only reason it ever was because it was our ONLY nuke in vanilla. LB has long since taken its place as BAM NUKE!

I agree that they should have made SS more important than it is now, but there is really NO WAY to make LL good without making it hit like a couple freight trains falling on you. The only other option is it becomes a button you hit when everything else is on cooldown, like it used to be.

Well they could do what Rouncer suggested: change our Mastery to be Melee/Nature.

LL will still hit like a freight train, just not as much of a freight train, and SS will matter again!

I'm still shocked (pun not intended) by how little damage our Shocks do. They're a 6-second cooldown, and part of why all three are linked is that Blizz doesn't want us to be able to do insane burst damage by using all three Shocks in a row (at least in pvp).
Yet our Shocks...don't do enough damage to make me feel like they HAVE to be linked, let alone be on a 6-second cooldown. Moonfire does equivalent damage, I think, and yet it's spammable.
Edited by Matuk on 11/15/2010 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Since 4.0.1.

Uhh ya, I was doing 5k on the dummy in ~251gear. That's *before* I started getting the heroic gear I have now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]