Beast Master question

31 Night Elf Hunter
What pet would be nice to level with before I get the beast mastery talent?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Probably a bear or a turtle.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I used a bear until 60, then I got a ravager, but this was before talent trees and ravagers being nerfed. Bear or cat would be my suggestion; although, I've had a couple of friends level well with a spider.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I've always been partial the bear. Swipe is nice and isn't as situational as the turtle's special talent, hence I find it more useful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I really like the bear :)
A turtle is fantastic for soloing instances. Their shield is an invaluable talent.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Solo? Get pet you want! Pet looks good; use growl, send it first, shoot many times after one second.

Group? Get pet you want! Pet looks good; turn growl off, send tank first, shoot many times after one second.

Want go for irony? Get pet moth; use above suggestions for growl and shooting; laugh when tiny thing knocks bigger thing down with its charge.

In summation, get the pet you want! Do a little research, find one you can tame at your level, who has the looks you like. I don't know what, if any, changes have been made to pets and their learning things. I remember a time you had a tame a thing, fight with it, and then you'd the learn the skill, and have to give it to your old pet with pet talent points. Some pets had their own stats, too, so there was almost a reason to catch a rare. I've been lvl 80 so long, I don't know what pets or hunters have to do to level their things.

Until you really have the means to go out and find an ultra-pet of doom, it doesn't matter what pet you use. I solo'd practically to 80 on any pet that caught my fancy, always a heart-rending decision to replace one with another. I don't, and have never, bought into to any of this "one pet is better than another" stuff. Sure, they all do different things, depending on whatever their tree is, but if you start to see where and when you draw aggro from it, you can learn when/how to modify your rotation so that doesn't happen. And if you're grouping with people while leveling, then it doesn't matter. At all. If you're using a tenacity pet, be wary of thunderstomps pulling aggro from a low lvl tank, even if you have growl off.

Get out there and be your own hunter until lvl 80+ when your raiding guild will tell you what pet you can have. That's the fun of it!
Reply Quote
It's Function Not Fashion.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
I like a bear or a pig because they will eat all food types, but with the new patch I would lean towards a bear because the have a unique special ability to "take a nap" and increase their happiness without using any food.

They are also both tenacity pets which is what you what for levelling.

I kept my bear even though I was BM until level 80.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Imo, go with a bear.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Mage
I've always been partial to the bear. They're good tanks, have always been able to take a beating and a veritable trash can. The only thing that I remember off hand that they wouldn't eat were curiously tasty omelets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]