Asuming numbers are balanced, how are healing priest broken in PvP?
1) Priest PvP tanking is broken on this new cataclysm model, survivability and mana concerns:
- Draining our Mana by staying on us from start to end, forcing us to only instant cast (no mobility).
- We lost several tanking tools with the 31 points talent convertion.
- Melee in general got more/better stuns, silences, interrupts.
- We are still the squishiest of all healers, very low survivability.
- Is not fun being completely helpless vs melee @teamgame there are a lot of situations were you must have at least a little of solo viability, babysiting us all day is a liability to our team
2) Losing our niche as "the" offensive healers, Meaning our offensive tools were nerfed (or talents removed) and other healers offensive tools buffed.
Why is the offensive healer niche so important to priest? Honestly, As a team leader,it is the only reason to pick a priest instead of other healer, dispel magic and offensive tools somehow make up for all other inferior aspects.
- All the healers got awesome dps talents, or at least talents that reduce the mana cost of offensive spells, IN addition to their already existant offensive toolset, priest got all the fun offensive/dps talents removed and got very very bad offensive talents
- Offensive actions are too restricted by mana, that literally kills 80% of our offensive spells.
ARENAJUNKIES POST "disc beta state" (need 2400+ to comment)
Disc Duels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuJp3aisUQ
FIXING THE PROBLEMS
If a blue reads this post, we are not exaggerating/overreacting, healing priest are indeed in a completely non viable state @85, no one on his right mind will let us stay on their team(i would not take a priest), not to mention it is very unfun an depressing current priest playstyle.
We need mayor changes to be able to compete with other buffed healers and this new cata model.
1) Phantasm needs to be baseline, shadow should get a better version.
2) Evangelism/Archangel are very bad talents for Disc/Holy, in its current state neither PvPers nor PvEers will take them.
- Smite needs to be 1.5 seconds cast and its range increased to 40 yards
- Evangelism buff should last 30 seconds
3) Masochism needs to be tier 1 shadow (without the SW:D part), a tanking caster should not have his mana drained by melee hopelessly sitting on them from start to end
4) "Body and Soul" needs to be tier 2 Discipline.
I know different classes are different and you guys want to keep classes unique, but the complete lack of mobility for the priest class has gone too far, i guess we are fine having a little less than others, but shouldnt be so binary: a lot of mobility tools vs zero.
This will give shadow and disc "A BIT" of so much needed mobility every class have.
I hate being the Prophet of Doom, but the priest class is facing its darkest pvp era, which is a shame considering priest are so loveable (2 healing specs?) and cute.
@85 class Strenghts:
- Dispel Magic (all healers got defensive dispel, so this one has weakened)
- Mana Burn 2.5 sec cast time (not used if we tank the entire match, TBC again?)
- << not trying to QQ really but are there any others? compared to other healers >>
@85 class Weaknesses:
- Face Tanking with nerfed tanking tools, while everyone got buffed, required tons of babysiting, and still our teammates cant peel melee off us
- Very little utility compared to what other healers bring
- Very low Survivability
- Zero mobility
I beg fellow priests to comment and provide feedback since the beta priest dont exist apparently, little to no feedback is provided on the beta forums.