How would you fix Priest Broken PvP state?

85 Undead Priest

We have plate and shields because we a defensive type healer without offensive dispels and mana burns.

A good priest is an offensive priest.

Except all beta reports are saying pala offensive capabilities are far superior to even priests now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

We have plate and shields because we a defensive type healer without offensive dispels and mana burns.

A good priest is an offensive priest.

Except all beta reports are saying pala offensive capabilities are far superior to even priests now.

Which is pretty true, except paladins don't have offensive dispels.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

whoever said this is a moron noob that has no evidence in bgs or arena to back up his theory as to how the hell disc "is better than in the past". if u cant provide evidence to sustain ur point then stfu and dont go against wat ppl r saying in forums. disc is dead in pvp and that sucks cuz imo its the funnest healing class for pvp in the game

I'm doing way better now in PVP than I ever did in the past. I don't know what all the complaining about besides people not wanting to change their play style to fit the new changes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Priests in pvp need some kind of the following: Less offensive dispel vulnerability, less insta-death under pressure, and some personal ability to create casting space. Try to cast as a mage without using blink or frost nova, it just doesn't work.

Once again, I approve. This is summed up nicely. Priests really, really need a way to get something off them.

Fade detargeting is a cool idea, but I think Blizzard is on the record saying they are opposed to making spells work differently in PvP/PvE. Fade de-targeting is pretty close to that line.

I think Priests, if we are intended to be a cloth "tank", we could use a baseline ability that negates physical damage but increases magical damage taken. It's new, and it fits in well with the priest theme. Can call it Martyrdom?

I think Priests need dispel resistance for all specs. Sin and Punishment is pretty bad, and Holy/Disc has nothing to prevent critical spells from being peeled right off. Shamans, with multiple charges on Earth Shield, do okay against Dispels. Maybe make Prayer of mending function the same?

Anyway, the Dispel system is broken now. Druids and especially Priests are hurting.

and Inner Will making you immune to snare/root is a reasonable trade-off for losing the spellpower and armor from Inner Fire.

Finally, our mana sucks. We go oom much faster then the other healers, and this is a key pvp balance issue.

Edited by Venaliter on 12/1/2010 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
11/21/2010 12:02 PMPosted by Aionia
I agree with all the posts about decreasing Priest's dispel vulnerability. Considering we're the ONLY cloth healer we need to rely on buffs for survival... Unless we can begin to dispel pally's armor and shaman's shields. The whole removal of dispel resistance made it illogical to be any a clothie in pvp as our magical buffs are the only thing keeping us alive most of the time.

Nooo! It already takes 1-2 spellsteal casts to get a good buff off a Priest sometimes I get lucky and steal Power Word: Shield on the first try but overall I just hit Spellsteal so they feel hopeless and give up faster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]