Deterrence+Mirrored Blades :D !!!

43 Blood Elf Rogue
I reflected Hammer of Justice. Felt soooooooo good.
Also successfully reflected sheep and fear.

Whilst this ability is bugged against direct ranged/casted abilties, I think where this talent will really shine is in the above. Reflecting CC. It will make casters have to juke SV hunters now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

Whilst this ability is bugged against direct ranged/casted abilties, I think where this talent will really shine is in the above. Reflecting CC. It will make casters have to juke SV hunters now.

Haha awesome :D
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue
Ur Juicy!? I'm Raginclue XD. Hunter is Sék on KT.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Ur Juicy!? I'm Raginclue XD. Hunter is Sék on KT.

Hahahaha awesome :D

I was like this Xeer is awesome! Now I know why hahaha

We're old mates! :P
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue
Where's my smiling emoticon with sunglasses when I need it!? :P

I was thinking the same thing...

It's even funnier that were both SV ><
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Where's my smiling emoticon with sunglasses when I need it!? :P

I was thinking the same thing...

It's even funnier that were both SV ><

And owning people. Booyah!!
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue

Can you give me a full report on how Mirrored Blades are REALLY working in PvP as now?
When it's useful to trigger Deterrence and when you blown the cooldown for nothing.

Whilst it reflects dots and direct damage spells. Dots do damage, but direct damage spells don't.

It will reflect spell CC successfully e.g fear, sheep.

It does not reflect melee and ranged attacks (according to the tooltip and testing).

I think at the moment its best to use deterrence with mirrored blades when someone tries to use a casted cc against you.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

Can you give me a full report on how Mirrored Blades are REALLY working in PvP as now?
When it's useful to trigger Deterrence and when you blown the cooldown for nothing.

Whilst it reflects dots and direct damage spells. Dots do damage, but direct damage spells don't.

It will reflect spell CC successfully e.g fear, sheep.

It does not reflect melee and ranged attacks (according to the tooltip and testing).

I think at the moment its best to use deterrence with mirrored blades when someone tries to use a casted cc against you.

So now we're supposed to guess when a mage that is off to the side is going to cast sheep on us? wow, thats a bit much I think.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
So now we're supposed to guess when a mage that is off to the side is going to cast sheep on us? wow, thats a bit much I think.

If only there was a mod or some interface option that gave nameplates castbars! That would really be something.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

If only there was a mod or some interface option that gave nameplates castbars! That would really be something.

Ok, I get it, hunters are perfectly fine in pvp, all their mechanics and talents are flawless, sorry for responding.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
All I said was your point was moot. If there's a way to monitor it then there's no reason to complain about it being too difficult. As an arena player you should understand that. I would wager that most people wouldn't extrapolate out of that sentence what you just extrapolated.
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue

You mean, if the mage is targeted you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, if the mage is focused you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, if you have nameplates on you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, 1 v 1 situations never happen?
You mean X v 2 situations never happen?
You mean X v 3 situations never happen?
You mean you can't use silencing shot on a mage in arena to prevent sheep?
You mean,you never used feign death to prevent sheep?
You mean, you never used intimidation to prevent sheep?
You mean, you never used Wyvern sting to prevent sheep?
You mean, mages never pull off counter spell against a mage trying to sheep them?

Oh you mean all PvP encounters are similar to the chaos that is Alterac Valley where you can't possible track all thats going on.
Ok, I gotcha. Your such a negative nancy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

You mean, if the mage is targeted you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, if the mage is focused you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, if you have nameplates on you can't see his cast bar?
You mean, 1 v 1 situations never happen?
You mean X v 2 situations never happen?
You mean X v 3 situations never happen?
You mean you can't use silencing shot on a mage in arena to prevent sheep?
You mean,you never used feign death to prevent sheep?
You mean, you never used intimidation to prevent sheep?
You mean, you never used Wyvern sting to prevent sheep?
You mean, mages never pull off counter spell against a mage trying to sheep them?

Oh you mean all PvP encounters are similar to the chaos that is Alterac Valley where you can't possible track all thats going on.
Ok, I gotcha. Your such a negative nancy.

Gladiator hunter Megatf going against frost mage that only spammed instants, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQ1FrZYCdo
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Gunzip, easy... Xeer is not doing the "OMG IMMA SO L33T DAT I PWN MIRRO BLADEZ U ALL N00BZ".
IF you can see casting bars, and stuff like that, THEN Mirror Blades do exactly what was told and BANG, backfire to the caster.

Specially fun when you're surrounded by enemies, alone and all of them try to CC you, and they loose precious time that is needed for some people of your faction to close in.

But yes, will never be a magical all-the-time solution, and despite the initial dazzle, Xeer and Monkey are aware that Deterrence is not the super skill to pwn everyone.

I know, just figured mirrored blades did not warrant a thread saying how good it really is, when actually its lower than mediocre.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All I said was your point was moot. If there's a way to monitor it then there's no reason to complain about it being too difficult. As an arena player you should understand that. I would wager that most people wouldn't extrapolate out of that sentence what you just extrapolated.

Probably because most people don't know what extrapolating is.

Like Buu for example.
Edited by Jonkadin on 11/15/2010 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue

Gladiator hunter Megatf going against frost mage that only spammed instants, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQ1FrZYCdo

Oh... I was under the impression we were discussing what deterrence + mirrored blades could be used for. This does not seem to apply to that discussion. I never suggested this fixed hunter PvP. I just thought it was cool.
Edited by Xeer on 11/15/2010 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Rogue
I know, just figured mirrored blades did not warrant a thread saying how good it really is, when actually its lower than mediocre.

Your being a negative nancy again.
Deterrence has issues. I was simply happy for it working in certain instances, that will be beneficial to SV hunter PvP.
That glass isn't even half empty with you, it got stolen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]