So how hard were the BC zones in azeroth hit?

85 Tauren Shaman
When RPing in them will we just say we werent hit as hard only to find that when they're updated in three or four years that they were changed dramatically and have been rebuilding since then?

How should this be handled?
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra

This is the STORY FORUMS, FOOL!

We do not relax.

Everything we discuss is deadly serious. Deadly.

:P

@Sky:
It's gonna bug the hell out of me, too, but... well, we won't know unless Blizzard tells us.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
id think the exodar wud be rebuilt to sum degree if not the place being turned into an actualy city/fortress, and silvermoon would be 90%restored and free of demon crystals. outland? idk exactly
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Both Silvermoon and the Exodar are about as far away from the Cataclysm as you can get.

Class quest changes will likely give us a bit of updates in regards to the lore. The Blood Knights are much less likely to have those...erm...morally 'gray' quests. (Gray as in the opposite of White, that is.)

Burning crystals are still around because the Blood Elves still use them, and the Arcane Sanctums were there before the Scourge came through so I doubt we'll see much change there.

Draenei haven't had any plot development as a race since...ever. So without any physical changes to the Exodar I expect it will pretty much be identical as a questing experience.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Both Silvermoon and the Exodar are about as far away from the Cataclysm as you can get.
/

Look at darkshore...
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Well, Darkshore got smashed, but Teldrassil seems to have avoided any hits. It's easy to say that Azuremyst Isle was spared too.

My question is are the Draenei and Belf starting zones going to be part of Azaroth or are they still going to be on the Outland servers?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The zones are still part of the Outland servers, which is the primary reason why they haven't been updated and why you cannot fly in them.

Basically, it's extra work for little reward since the cities failed pretty hard, which I relate primarily to not being able to travel directly to them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The zones are still part of the Outland servers, which is the primary reason why they haven't been updated and why you cannot fly in them.

Basically, it's extra work for little reward since the cities failed pretty hard, which I relate primarily to not being able to travel directly to them.

People don't like to travel to them, ergo they don't see much use.
They don't see much use, ergo we don't update and change them.
They aren't being changed, so you can't fly, or travel directly to them, ergo people to like to go there.
People don't like to travel to them, ergo they don't see much use...

See the vicious logic trap?

Should Blizzard actually read this, please, update the stories there. Bring them into the Cataclysm. Allow flying. Put flightpoint connections in. Or just put a lie to what you said at Blizzcon when you said you were sorry that you failed the Draenei.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest

What servers they are stored on has absolutely nothing to do with why they have not been updated. Outland is hosted on Outland servers, yet you can fly there. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? I don't think where they are hosted has anything to do with whether you're able to fly or not. I also don't remember anything stated about being able to fly or not in Draenei/Blood Elf starting zones. I know the reason they're not being updated is because the BC races are too new, that much they have said. It has nothing to do with what servers they are on.

How so? There's a flight path to Silvermoon City, which you can use as long as you have Light's Hope Chapel and Tranquillien (possibly Zul'Aman), if I remember correctly. The only one that's *REALLY* out of the way is Exodar.
Edited by Tomaj on 11/15/2010 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
/

Look at darkshore...

Darkshore is closer =P

And it was personally wrecked by Deathwing and the cultists. Most of the major environmental damage happens along the equator lateral with the Maelstrom.

It's possible Darkshore was so damaged because it's close to Mt. Hyjal, which was the point of emergence for Ragnaros and the Firelands. Ashenvale, to the south, also got a volcano.

The Moonglade was likely spared simply because the sons of Cenarius and the blessing of Elune is too thick there to be disturbed, even by Ragnaros. And Teldrassil is a World Tree, full and healthy and recently blessed by two Aspects.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
It's kind of a bummer that all the other starting races get to start in a post-Shattering world while the Draenei and Belves apparently are stuck at the start of BC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]