If we had achievements before WotLK....

85 Goblin Hunter
I feel like the achievement system is almost going to behave as sort of a record of how the game used to be at various points in time. For example, three expansions from now, we might poke back through our achievement panel and say "haha, remember when there were separate 10- and 25- player versions of every raid achievement? And they were on separate lockouts and we had to run ToC four times a week?"

It made me wonder--what sort of thing would achievements reflect about Vanilla and BC? What sort of achievements or Feats would you look at and think "man, I remember when the game was like that"?

Some examples I was thinking of:
A Throne of Ogre Treasure - Defeat King Gordok and receive tribute from all five of his key subjects.
Wrath of the Ice Lord - Participate in the summoning of Lokholar the Ice Lord in Alterac Valley.

Or perhaps an old hard mode:
Preserving Nature - Defeat High Priest Venoxis without damaging any of his Razzashi Cobras.
Poison Taster - Defeat Princess Huhuran with no raid member having more than 50 Nature Resistance.

What can you come up with if the achievement system had been designed and released before WotLK? Think like a dev, try to stick to achievements that would probably actually make it in the game. :)
Reply Quote
83 Human Death Knight
[Soulflayer On A Rampage]
Defeat Hakkar the Soulflayer with all five of his priests still alive.

[... But The Legions At His Command]
Kill Prince Malchezaar with five infernal adds spawned.

[Chess Club Reject]
Defeat the Echo of Medivh at chess with ten pieces remaining, not including your King.

[Feared All Over The Place]
Defeat Lady Vashj with two Striders up at the time of death.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
three expansions from now...

please god let there be a better MMO out before then. the game is 6 years old FFS
Edited by Berthoric on 11/17/2010 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid

please god let there be a better MMO out before then. the game is 6 years old FFS

Everquest is still going strong and its been out for like 12.
Reply Quote

World of Starcraft?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I'm not a real fan of dates on achievements since faction changing totaly @!%*s with most of them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]