[Video] Rogue soloing Halls of Stone

83 Blood Elf Rogue
With the Recuperate nerf on deck, I've been trying to push my limits for soloing dungeons. So far, the highest-level dungeon I've soloed is Halls of Stone. If anyone's curious, I put together a video:

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=168013

Anyone else been experimenting with soloing dungeons since 4.0.1? My gear isn't the greatest, and I'm curious what the limit really is! (I remember Jider did 25-man Grobbulus and Patch, but that was kind of a special case...)
Edited by Reskar on 11/18/2010 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
On heroic? Or normal. I've been thinking of trying out some Northrend heroics since I've got mc/kara on farm. Only tried H DTK, managed to get Trollgore down, barely. His stacking damage buff makes it a dps race.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue
Just normal! I barely was able to get the last boss down on normal. I don't think I'd even come close on heroic. I've soloed Attumen and Moroes, which were both pretty straightforward, but I wasn't able to get Big Bad Wolf -- the continuous Red Riding Hood debuff and fears always got me.

I was trying to solo (regular) Halls of Lightning earlier, and got the first two bosses down easily. Couldn't get past Ionar, though -- the DoT just drained my life too fast. Maybe stacking nature resist would do the trick?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
For the Big Bad Wolf, main thing is to make sure you get a fresh stack of recuperate up right before he transforms you, and stick to the walls as much as possible when running - and strafe, if he hits you sideways you get a chance to dodge it as well. Might want to use a PvP trinket to break a fear if you get bad RNG and get feared just as recuperate drops off or something. Also note that the riding hood debuff only silences spells, you can still sprint/evasion/vanish/clos if needed.

Yeah, it's one of the more technical fights to solo in Kara, actually kind of refreshing as far as WoW boss encounters go.
Edited by Stardragon on 11/15/2010 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice video!

Rogue tanking is awesome and sort of hilarious at the same time.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Rogue
I rogue tanked as combat even pre-4.0, but this IS impressive :) I tip my helm for you, fellow backstabber.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I was inspired. I went and solo'd nexus. It was a neat change of pace.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogue tanking is awesome and sort of hilarious at the same time.

Just imagine what I could accomplish with, for example, a pocket druid...

I rogue tanked as combat even pre-4.0, but this IS impressive :) I tip my helm for you, fellow backstabber.

I was inspired. I went and solo'd nexus. It was a neat change of pace.

Awesome! I've solo'd nexus, too; it's a fun one. UK is interesting, too, mostly because surviving Prince Keleseth's ice block is so tricky. (I think the nicest thing about soloing is that it's actually a challenge, and even somewhat mentally engaging -- two things that can be hard to come by as a rogue in PvE...)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
/shrug, I've done three out of four in heroic dtk... couldn't get novos down. Think I took the video down though... I could always put it back up if you wanted to see it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i would like to add that i love the music.
Reply Quote
Lets make videos of us soloing things with recup so we can get it nerfed some more!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
May as well nerf them Druids and Paladins then, what you think is amazing for a Rogue to solo now was already done by them a year ago. Recuperate was nerfed because with sub's mastery it was ticking for ridiculous amounts at 85 in PvP.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue
/shrug, I've done three out of four in heroic dtk... couldn't get novos down. Think I took the video down though... I could always put it back up if you wanted to see it.

I actually would be curious to see it. I've done regular DTK, but haven't tried heroic. Did you do this as combat spec?

i would like to add that i love the music.

Thanks! These are three of my favorite songs :)

May as well nerf them Druids and Paladins then, what you think is amazing for a Rogue to solo now was already done by them a year ago. Recuperate was nerfed because with sub's mastery it was ticking for ridiculous amounts at 85 in PvP.

This. And DK's, too. There's one DK (Raegwyn, I think?) who has solo'd heroic HoS. (And heroic HoL. And 10-man OS, if I remember right.) It's hard to imagine being able to do this on heroic as a rogue. Pre-nerf recup is pretty strong, but we just don't have the burst healing + durability that druids, pallies, or DK's do.

That said, if any rogues have successfully solo'd any WotLK heroics, I'd be very curious to hear tips and/or see videos of it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]