11/16 patch broke launcher?

90 Pandaren Mage
Upon opening WoW this morning I was told to install a patch... it downloaded fine, but upon trying to open the launcher I get the message "Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your Internet configuration". Its not my internet, because none of the settings have changed since we downloaded the last patch. The patch I received this morning was: 4.0.0.1807 to 4.0.0.2072 enUS-tools-downloader.

Any clue what's going on?
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
Im getting the same thing, im sure they will have a fix for it soon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm having the same issue.

Its probably due to maintenance, and things not being all setup at this moment.

I'll give it a go later today.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Same issue here, I guess they're still working on it. I will admit, I was a little sad when it didn't say it was patching to 4.0.3.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Same here, lets hope they fix it.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Mage
o.O I'm at 4.0.1.13205 and it says WoW is up to date .. anyone know if the patch is needed on my end or if it's fine that I'm not getting the error (or a patch) today ?

Nevermind ... logged in and got patch ... nothing to see here
Edited by Somajoe on 11/16/2010 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Chances are the launcher knows it's suppose to download a patch, but the patch itself is not available yet. There's a few hours left in maintenance, it should appear before it's done.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I just opened mine and didn't get a patch at all. They are most likely already working on it...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

I just opened mine and didn't get a patch at all. They are most likely already working on it...

I think you have to try and log into the game for it to begin downloading the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

Did you attempt to log-in?

It didnt try to install a patch until after I attempted to log-in.

Once it was done, the launcher errors out.

I'm guessing that the server knows theres a patch to download, but the server it needs the info from isnt up or online at the moment.

Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your Internet configuration.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Not too much listed here about the problem:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27607459982&sid=1&pageNo=1#5

But it's a little information. They know it's a issue and are working on a resolve.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What's happening is they are in the MIDDLE of the server updates. The launcher knows that there is information for a new patch, but the data hasn't been put in place to download yet. Give it some time, people...it will be up in plenty of time before the servers go back up. You still have 5 and a half hours.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

Give it some time, people...it will be up in plenty of time before the servers go back up.

I don't think any of us were in a panic mode, we're simply trying to help communicate to the Blizzard team what's going on from our end. Perhaps the information is valid for them before the realms go back up.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warlock

Give it some time, people...it will be up in plenty of time before the servers go back up.

I don't think any of us were in a panic mode, we're simply trying to help communicate to the Blizzard team what's going on from our end. Perhaps the information is valid for them before the realms go back up.

Agreed.
On the other side, my update is already downloading. So I hope everything will be fine by now.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
ya the patch downloaded but my launcher still is broken. opening wow.exe from wow folder brings up game though
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
You can, in fact, download the patch now. It's around 860Mb~

Keep restarting the launcher until it works, the update server is just flooded ATM, they probably have it on reduced hardware during maint. I'm almost done now. This patch is larger than I expected it to be.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warlock
can't find the patch notes for this 860mb patch.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

General

* Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
* The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
* When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
* Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface

* Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
* The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
* Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes

* Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
* Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
* Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
* Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
* Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
* Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
* Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
* Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
* Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
* GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
That's for EU, should be similar to US?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
US will be the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]