Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Upon opening WoW this morning I was told to install a patch... it downloaded fine, but upon trying to open the launcher I get the message "Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your Internet configuration". Its not my internet, because none of the settings have changed since we downloaded the last patch. The patch I received this morning was: 220.127.116.117 to 18.104.22.1682 enUS-tools-downloader.
Any clue what's going on?
1 Draenei Mage
o.O I'm at 22.214.171.12405 and it says WoW is up to date .. anyone know if the patch is needed on my end or if it's fine that I'm not getting the error (or a patch) today ?
Nevermind ... logged in and got patch ... nothing to see here
Edited by Somajoe on 11/16/2010 5:29 AM PST
I just opened mine and didn't get a patch at all. They are most likely already working on it...
Did you attempt to log-in?
It didnt try to install a patch until after I attempted to log-in.
Once it was done, the launcher errors out.
I'm guessing that the server knows theres a patch to download, but the server it needs the info from isnt up or online at the moment.
Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your Internet configuration.
What's happening is they are in the MIDDLE of the server updates. The launcher knows that there is information for a new patch, but the data hasn't been put in place to download yet. Give it some time, people...it will be up in plenty of time before the servers go back up. You still have 5 and a half hours.
I don't think any of us were in a panic mode, we're simply trying to help communicate to the Blizzard team what's going on from our end. Perhaps the information is valid for them before the realms go back up.
On the other side, my update is already downloading. So I hope everything will be fine by now.
85 Blood Elf Mage
You can, in fact, download the patch now. It's around 860Mb~
Keep restarting the launcher until it works, the update server is just flooded ATM, they probably have it on reduced hardware during maint. I'm almost done now. This patch is larger than I expected it to be.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html
* Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
* The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
* When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
* Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.
* Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
* The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
* Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.
* Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
* Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
* Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
* Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
* Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
* Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
* Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
* Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
* Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
* GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.