Resto shaman and dmg reduction CD

85 Troll Shaman
Since wow started resto shamans didnt have it..all i want to ask why ? is there a reason for it ?

Every healer has it now.

Spirit link would be great but it was canceled like in wotlk, i dont know .. make shamanistic rage trainable and give enhancement shaman other talent.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Shaman really need a more effective "emergency" button of some kind.

My personal wish would be that they improved Nature's Swiftness to make your next cast heal instant and with an additional effect. The different bonus effects could be tailored to meet different situations, which would add some skill-level and control to the shaman's heavily proc-and-smartheal based toolkit.

For example:
Spirit's Swiftness makes your next spell with a casting time of less than 10 seconds, and improves the spell if it is a healing spell.

For Healing Rain: Causes all allies under the effect of the healing rain to take 15% less damage from all sources.

For Chain Heal: Causes your chain heal to heal 8 total targets and reduces the healing loss between bounces by half.

For Healing Wave: Causes the Healing Wave and all healing spells you cast for the next 6 seconds to require no mana.

For Surge of Light: Causes the affected target to receive 15% increased healing from all sources for the next 15 seconds.

For Greater Healing Wave: Increases the critical effect chance of the Greater Healing Wave by 35%, increases the healing done by 35%, and grants it a 100% chance to trigger Earthliving Weapon.

Something like that would give us a capable emergency heal, and it would give us one that would require a bit of strategy and thought about how to use the ability and when to use it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
^ and they'd have to raise the CD of NS to 10 minutes.

no thanks.

bloodlust is a burst CD, and we get ancestral healing.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Shaman really need a more effective "emergency" button of some kind.

My personal wish would be that they improved Nature's Swiftness to make your next cast heal instant and with an additional effect. The different bonus effects could be tailored to meet different situations, which would add some skill-level and control to the shaman's heavily proc-and-smartheal based toolkit.

For example:
Spirit's Swiftness makes your next spell with a casting time of less than 10 seconds, and improves the spell if it is a healing spell.

For Healing Rain: Causes all allies under the effect of the healing rain to take 15% less damage from all sources.

For Chain Heal: Causes your chain heal to heal 8 total targets and reduces the healing loss between bounces by half.

For Healing Wave: Causes the Healing Wave and all healing spells you cast for the next 6 seconds to require no mana.

For Surge of Light: Causes the affected target to receive 15% increased healing from all sources for the next 15 seconds.

For Greater Healing Wave: Increases the critical effect chance of the Greater Healing Wave by 35%, increases the healing done by 35%, and grants it a 100% chance to trigger Earthliving Weapon.

Something like that would give us a capable emergency heal, and it would give us one that would require a bit of strategy and thought about how to use the ability and when to use it.

if i want to roll holy priest i will but for now all i want its a dmg reduction spell to use wile i am in danger
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I feel like while looking at an addition to NS would be an interesting route to take in terms of a more useful emergency cooldown or whatever, I really don't feel like it's necessary. At all.

NS is fine the way it is. Plus, maybe it's just me and my playstyle, but if a tank needs a cooldown or whatever the case may be, I don't feel short-changed by having to rely on other players to provide them. Really it just comes from a place of trusting others to do their jobs, rather than me having to constantly keep an eye out for other people's failings and feeling the need to compensate with cooldowns. Of course, the gang that I play with make that part easy -- I obviously can't say the same for others here so the perspective is obviously not going to take with some.

Maybe I'm missing the point. I do like the changes you would implement onto NS. But yeah, they aren't really needed.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Since wow started resto shamans didnt have it..all i want to ask why ? is there a reason for it ?

Because we don't need it.

Every healer has it now.

Let's do everything we can to keep different classes different.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Resto druids still don't have a dmg reduction cooldown. A lot of people are saying that such cooldowns won't be as necessary in cata due to the increased health pools and removal of instant-tank-deaths. In one hand I'm hoping those people are right. In the other I'd be sad to see the strategy requirements of managing tank cooldowns go away.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Every healer has it now.

did you ever played arena ? or at least bg ?

and for the druid guy lol barskin says hi
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Resto druids still don't have a dmg reduction cooldown. A lot of people are saying that such cooldowns won't be as necessary in cata due to the increased health pools and removal of instant-tank-deaths. In one hand I'm hoping those people are right. In the other I'd be sad to see the strategy requirements of managing tank cooldowns go away.

I kind of feel the same way. Having to time and coordinate cooldowns to prevent tank deaths is exciting and engaging gameplay, and seems appropriate for certain hard mode encounters.

However, if they're going to design new encounters with such mechanics, I do think it should come with the parallel requirement that all tanks and all healers have the ability to handle them. Making a cool facet of the healing game accessable to only half the healing classes is not cool, especially in a world where 10-man raids (and thus limited space for healers) are emphasized.

They had to cave in and normalize tank mitigation cooldowns, even though they don't like class homogenization. They may have to do the same with healers. As a Restoration shaman, I can live without a defensive cooldown as long as there aren't encounters (in either PvE or PvP) that are nearly impossible without one. If there are, though, I'm going to be justifiably very annoyed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Every healer has it now.

Barkskin is self-only, or are you saying you would like Earth and/or Water Shield to be self only for Shamans?
Edited by Zowi on 11/16/2010 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Every healer has it now.

Barkskin is self-only, or are you saying you would like Earth and/or Water Shield to be self only for Shamans?

I want a self-only read my post plis

water shield is self only and earth shield its not a DMG reduction CD.

Srly guys where did you came from... do we play same game ?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

Every healer has it now.

Your original post says nothing about a self only cooldown. Almost everyone that reads it will assume you're referring to something you can cast on other players.

If you're just saying you want something like barkskin.... then this quickly becomes a "I want what that guy has" post. Good luck.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Every healer has it now.

Spirit link would be great but it was canceled like in wotlk, i dont know .. make shamanistic rage trainable and give enhancement shaman other talent.

to queue myself just for you
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Every healer has it now.

Fine then. Druids want a healing shield or any shield that we can cast on others, and an ancestral fort effect since we haven't had those since forever either. Hell on top of it, we will also take a frequently usable direct AoE heal.

Different classes are different - although not by much these days - thanks to the likes of people like you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
If you want personal damage reduction then you can spec into 10% damage reduction while casting and 12% passive magic dr (more than most healers get).

If you're looking for a dr ability castable on another player then there are only 2 available in game. Those are Pain Suppression and Hand of Sacrifice.

As for Spirit Link, it was removed because it truly was overpowered. It was going to be a 3-way Hand of Sacrifice with ~50% uptime, and not necessarily involving the caster. This would have severely unbalanced arena and required raid encounters to be designed with this in mind, making them nearly impossible to complete without it.

We saw this recently in the beta with boss damage and the bear abilty Savage Defense. Bears weren't taking damage so boss damage got increased. This made every other tank take too much damage, so Savage Defense got nerfed to a reasonable level.

Every healer has a role, and a toolbox designed around that role. Shamans are reactive healers, and are balanced better than most classes between raid and tank healing. Disc priests are proactive absorbtion healers. They get bubbles and pain sup because that is their theme. If you want that kind of ability then there is a tradeoff. Disc are lousy at topping off a raid, shaman excel at it.

Basically be happy with what you have or find something that makes you happy.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Well that is a silly question - of course I have. Do I do it "harcore"? no, I have better things to do with my time. And what does this have to do with us getting a damage reduction cooldown? Trouble surviving? Well, I can't say I know full well how resto shaman did in the past seasons but it was well enough, evident by the lack of QQ. So if this the case, you're probably A) Bad, B) whining and want everything, or C) Trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i want a spell what every healer has exept shaman

One way or another you're wrong. Either you're saying only shaman don't have a DR castable on others which is false, or you're saying they don't have a self only DR ability which is also false if you consider disc and holy different healers.

Guardian spirit does not reduce damage so... holy priests have no DR ability self or otherwise either!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i want a spell what every healer has exept shaman

Perhaps it's time to re-roll then
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]