Launcher.exe.temp could not be renamed..help

85 Human Warrior
Earlier today when I tried to patch to 4.0.3, my AVG detected that my Launcher was malware, so I had it quarantined. Turns out it messed me up and deleted my launcher, repair didn't work, so I had to reinstall.

I reinstalled Classic and BC no problem, but I can't reinstall Wrath. It gets to 99% and then I get an error message saying that launcher.temp could not be renamed to launcher.exe and the install fails.

I tried reinstalling with AVG firewall disabled, but the same thing happened again.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Delete any World of Warcraft folders you currently have on your system and use the new client installer. You can get that here: http://us.battle.net/account/downloads/WoW-4.0.0-WOW-enUS-Installer.exe
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Arterius,

Delete any World of Warcraft folders you currently have on your system and use the new client installer. You can get that here: http://us.battle.net/account/downloads/WoW-4.0.0-WOW-enUS-Installer.exe

This is a good idea. The updated installer on the website is much faster than installing the game from the DVDs. Use that link and save the file to your system. Once you have it saved, right click on the installer and select "run as admin."
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Thank you. I think I got it though by clearing the Virus Vault of AVG to restore the Launchers. If I'm still having problems I will do this. :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the update, Arterius. Let me know if you need any other assistance.
Mon-Fri 6:45-3:45pm PST

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]