New Gearscore penalty for haveing a CELESTIAL

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I find this wrong in so many ways. Please ban this addon.

This is what it now shows in game.

This player wasted $25 real dollars on this terrible mount. This player is therefore likely to have wasted money buying their character online.
Edited by Jcee on 11/16/2010 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
A Celestial what? and why would they ban the addon?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Does it really do that now? LOL
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
then dont use the addon? its useless anyway
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Before anyone freaks out, read Arx official post: http://www.gearscoreaddon.com/newsitem.php?id=19

It's a joke. He's joking.

Enjoy. =)
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
lol I personally find it quite amusing and I do have the star pony. lol I think the nub tales video that said the horse was made from the tears of noobs was equally funny tho. people really need to stop taking humor so personally.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Props to GS, Woot. Who can say GS factoring in the Celestial Steed would be misleading?
Edited by Katfish on 11/16/2010 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
The fact that someone actually thinks that is just funny. Really you think I bought my character because I bought something I like?

HA!
Edited by Elloria on 11/16/2010 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The fact that someone actually thinks that is just funny. Really you think I bought my character because I bought something I like?

HA!

No one actually thinks this. It was a joke.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
No believe me. PLENTY of people actually think this. I see people talking about it in trade chat. I get whispers from people telling me im a waste of space because i spent 25 dollars on the game. Sad really.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hey I have the celestial steed, would have been great if this was true! I love using "the Patient" as my title.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Sorry but I do think that mount is a waste of money. But I won't go and tell that to every person I see on it, cause it's their money to waste however they want to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The fact is people spend real world money on faction transfers, realm transfers, recustomization, pets, and even this mount. And this is not including the monthly fee or the actual software we purchased from Blizz. And then we have the ones who actually spend money to attend blizzcon or purchase the loot cards. Everyone wastes money on this "game" but then that's what hobbies are for. :)

Unfortunately, there are players in the game taking this joke seriously.

It's quite sad but I do not want someone pointing their finger at me to tell me I'm a noob because I spent money on this game. Looks like they should be looking at the other four fingers pointing back at them unless of course they aren't paying for their account. Which is another story entirely.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The type of people who take everything so seriously and get offended by this joke (and is it a joke), are the people I want an add on to warn me about so I know not to take them to my raids.

Personal opinion about it aside, if you like the horse, then buy the horse and ride it to your hearts content. If someone whispers you about it, then /ignore them.

No believe me. PLENTY of people actually think this. I see people talking about it in trade chat. I get whispers from people telling me im a waste of space because i spent 25 dollars on the game. Sad really.

They thought this before the add on changed too. Don't blame Arx for that. Just blame him for contributing to the "GS OR GTFO" attitude that raid leaders have adopted. (I say contributing because Wow-heroes.com help too.)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wow, some of you are really defensive about not having purchased your toon. Personally, the horse looks like an Ally mount to me.

For those who don't like GS because people use it to narrow the field of invites to raids, would you rather add 30 minutes pre-raid to inspect everyone? Would you rather wait until you get to the first boss to find out that no matter how great of a player they are, they will be a drag on the team because they have not invested time in getting gear?

There are other add-ons that used to allow reviewing a toon pretty easily, but they were not as user friendly as GS. Simple mouse over gave you a number you could use to know that the toon had the capability of doing what was asked of them. The number said nothing about the person behind the toon, or if they were capable of doing what was asked.

The people I see complaining the most about GS are those with alts that are WAY undergeared wanting in on things their stupid alt shouldn't be attempting yet. They want their alt carried through instances it has no business being in so they can gear it faster.

Final note, if your horde riding the shiney pony you deserve to be ridiculed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Idiots that get that emo about having NOT purchased their accounts probably got their account on craigs list.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Are comments like that really needed? The fact that people like you are so narrow minded and well childish for lack of better words is just plain sad. People get defensive because thats something pretty harsh to be accused of. Especially when you haven't seen me(them) play my(their) characters.

Ridicule me some more though i am liking the attention. Here is some more for you to go off of.

I have 102 mounts
and about 98 pets

Please tell me how I don't have a life. Oh and also tell me how I purchased my husband off of ebay/craigslist too. That will top it off nicely :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]