[Idea] Commission to enchanters

90 Undead Death Knight
I looked for a feedback fourm and couldent find it on the new page, so here goes

As an Enchanter (my main) I feel very used and Taken advantage of by how my services are used with no consent, or though of reward. dont get me wrong I think its a great concept, it makes it easy for me if im in a guild run or want to help a cool group im with. But random pugs DEing from me when i worked hard to level it?

My idea is that enchanters get a cut of the mats that are disenchanted. Not a big cut, mind you but SOMETHING. Just and idea =)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
my bad, i see others feel the same way. Plz Ignore this thread =P That dwarf did a much better job
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Because getting green's DE'd is hard to do. The only thing this did was de-value shards. Dust/Essence weren't really affected by this. what hurt their value was when they changed ilvl 158+ items to do 4-7 dusts instead of 3-5 dusts.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
I just use my friends in-turn. When I'm farming if I sit in a group with them I can just hit DE when I loot greens. That's 3 seconds per item saved! Score!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I looked for a feedback fourm and couldent find it on the new page, so here goes

As an Enchanter (my main) I feel very used and Taken advantage of by how my services are used with no consent, or though of reward. dont get me wrong I think its a great concept, it makes it easy for me if im in a guild run or want to help a cool group im with. But random pugs DEing from me when i worked hard to level it?

My idea is that enchanters get a cut of the mats that are disenchanted. Not a big cut, mind you but SOMETHING. Just and idea =)

This makes enchanters the new money changers profiting from EVERY BoP drop where the vendor sale price is less than the DE mats value. BoE's would just be greeded and DE'd later by friends. I am an enchanter, and this idea would only reward enchanters for being present which really isn't fair.

You also didn't level enchanting to charge pugs for DE services, so stop claiming that you worked hard to level for that purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Untrue actually. Before the change more items were vendored than DE'd. Now it's the other way around.

More items created a flood of mats sure, but the much higher percentage of disenchanting is the other major cause of mat saturation.

The system devalued enchanting as a profession turning it from a quality profession like JC into a Walmart profession like inscription.

The only thing known for sure is that more items (percentage wise) are DE'd in instance now. There simply isn't enough known about what happened to items carried out of instances prior to the changes to make such a blanket statement one way or the other. Some were vendored, some were sold on the AH and DE'd or DE'd by friends/alts.

If you have any actual data on this though, I would be very interested in seeing it, since it does come up in these discussions a fair bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
This makes enchanters the new money changers profiting from EVERY BoP drop where the vendor sale price is less than the DE mats value. BoE's would just be greeded and DE'd later by friends. I am an enchanter, and this idea would only reward enchanters for being present which really isn't fair.

You also didn't level enchanting to charge pugs for DE services, so stop claiming that you worked hard to level for that purpose.

yah, why should ony the jewlcrafer present get all the tip when i get gems? /derp

and no i diddent level it for pugs, but i still spent time farming the mats to get it to where it is. they are receiveing a benifet for the work I did, at NO exspence. why not just remove enchanters entirely and just have all drops give the DE option? /scarcasm

if they want to DE it later, thats fine. the enchater is being rewarded fro provideing a convience. i mostly buy gems on the AH. they are more exspencive, yes, but its fast and easier than doing dungeons/BG's, finding a JC with my cut, and all that.

Is it a big deal? no. but im prepared to pay extra for the convience. im only asking for the same privlage in my profession

EDIT: with my idea, it dosent end up with any diffrence to the non-enchanters. just provideing the enchanter with a cut of the mats

Edited by Hordé on 11/16/2010 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

There have been tons of threads and suggestions on this.

Blizzard is not doing it.

They put the feature in, because it was usually done in groups anyway by "fair" minded enchanters. For example, every group I was ever in did this as a matter of course. They did it with this character, as well as my level 71 priest who has max enchanting skill.

In fact, when my priest was grouped (before this feature) when asked if anyone could disenchant - 2 other people in the group also could.

So the enchanter doesn't get a cut of the mats, because its just cutting to the chase of what was a voluntary thing which was always done.If no one wants to use the loot, while no one really cares to sell the loot, then it makes sense for the enchanter to not be selfish and disenchant it for whomever would want that product (as a roll. )

So again, this cuts to the chase. It is why Blizzard put it in.
It is not intended to be something that would give enchanters a "cut."
If that was their intention, they would have done that right away.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The disenchanting of mats caused the influx of enchanting materials on the market, which devalued the lion's share. However, I have been using auctioneer for almost two years now, and the market has stabilized. Abyss crystals still go around 30-40g a pop, depending on the market. I think the auto d/e is a better alternative than everyone needing on every drop so they can either disenchant it or sell. That is what would happen, people are greedy.

As far as a tip for your profession goes, you will make your money when you enchant something for someone. Ask for a tip, if they refuse, go elsewhere. At least you can make money with your profession. Blacksmiths makes a little cash in the beginning of an expansion, and after that we are good for putting sockets in our own gear.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight

Your claim of profit off of every BoP drop is false/misleading. The person could press greed and get the full vendor price of the item, they would only pay an enchanter if they use an enchanter's service. No service provider should do so for free without their consent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]