Question about the Rogue disarm

85 Dwarf Paladin
Why does the rogues disarm disarm shields aswell as weapons? How much of it is ment for balance, why can rogues completley shut down a prot pally/warrior but the warriors disarm can't do this. I know this is basically QQ but I am curious would Rogues be destroyed if the disarm only got rid of weapons?
Edited by Erthad on 11/16/2010 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Shut down a prot pally/warrior?

Why does the rogues disarm disarm shields aswell as weapons? How much of it is ment for balance, why can rogues completley shut down a prot pally/warrior but the warriors disarm can't do this. I know this is basically QQ but I am curious would Rogues be destroyed if the disarm only got rid of weapons?

Also at level 39 because maybe someone knows, can I enchant the boe hammer with a weapon chain?

Thats a good one, completely shut down you say? If your being completely shut down your playing your class bad sorry to say.
Hmmm, well that is not really the point I just want to know if rogues would be destroyed in pvp if the disarm was nerfed to not include shields.

I guess I was exaggerating the use of "completley shut down" but without a weapon and shield both prot specs cannot do much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Why does the rogues disarm disarm shields aswell as weapons? How much of it is ment for balance, why can rogues completley shut down a prot pally/warrior but the warriors disarm can't do this.

What nonsense are you babbling about?! Rogues don't have shields. A warrior can disarm and completely shutdown a rogue right back.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I am talking about how a Warriors disarm does not disarm another Warriors shield.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I am talking about how a Warriors disarm does not disarm another Warriors shield.

So you are saying, you can't disarm another warrior shield and the other warrior can't disarm your shield... and some how you think that is unfair?

That makes no sense at all, it is perfectly fair.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Hmm i don't think I am getting my point across, why is the Rogue disarm special as it also disarms shields? If it didn't disarm shields would rogues be UP?
Reply Quote
The disarm is named dismantle, if I were going to dismantle my oppenent I would definitely get rid of their weapon and shield.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Why does it matter the effect is classified as a disarm not a dismantle, your aren't even answering the question.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Dismantle is a disarm, also you never answered the question all you said was random stuff about the color of Warlock and Spriest attacks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
It's fair because Rogues wear leather and pallies/warriors wear plate.

If only there were a skill that allowed rogues to take your shield and repeatedly hit you over the head with it. That would be fun.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I don't but their are multiple classes with disarms and none of them are as strong, also Rogues have plenty of ways to shut classes down why must they need another if they lost it would they be UP? If they lost the ability to disarm shields would it ruin rogues? Why is it so hard to answer that question?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
It's fair because Rogues wear leather and pallies/warriors wear plate.

If only there were a skill that allowed rogues to take your shield and repeatedly hit you over the head with it. That would be fun.
What about the new Rogue ability that reduces damage? How does that factor in, I am just curious no need to be hostile?
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
I don't but their are multiple classes with disarms and none of them are as strong, also Rogues have plenty of ways to shut classes down why must they need another if they lost it would they be UP? If they lost the ability to disarm shields would it ruin rogues? Why is it so hard to answer that question?

You seem to be under the impression that similar mechanics translate to equal functionality. What you're saying is analogous to this: Hammer of Justice is ranged and magic stun (resistable but no PBE), but Rogue Kidney Shot is melee range and can be avoided with PBE. Why is Hammer of Justice ranged and magic? Would Paladins be UP if it was a regular stun like rogues?

The fact is that rogue disarm was designed to function a bit differently, either to offer some differentiation in the disarm mechanic or because traditional disarm didn't seem to fit the Rogue design. Considering that, at it's core, a Rogue is designed to take away or bypass a class' defenses, it makes sense that disarm would remove shields as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Because, we're actually removing your arms. You have to drop your shield until they grow back.
Edited by Unwright on 11/16/2010 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]