Cant decide, Gah !

84 Blood Elf Hunter
Alright, so come cata, im going to be lvling up 2 alts, which will have good gear like my main. i dont like having 5 alts and all of them have crap gear, so, i plan on rolling a goblin and tauren. The problem is, i want to be a tank for tauren, but i cant decide if pally or warrior is easier and more fun. Then, the goblin, i was gonna do a shaman, but i learned it ws a " jack of all trades class" and i want a class that is very good at its main job. So, should i roll tauren warrior, or pally, and what goblin class should i do ? Im thinking rogue because i played a rogue as a newb and loved it, until i tried the hunter and it became my dream class in wow. hope to check tmw ans see if i get any responses. Thx - Alex
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The problem is, i want to be a tank for tauren, but i cant decide if pally or warrior is easier and more fun.
Paladins tend to have an AoE bias in their spells and they use mana/holy power, which works differently than rage. Some people prefer one over the other... though if you want to dabble in healing at all, you'd want to do the paladin.
Then, the goblin, i was gonna do a shaman, but i learned it ws a " jack of all trades class" and i want a class that is very good at its main job.
Any class can excel in any role it was designed to do. Shamans can be great healers, casters or melee. It depends on your own skill more than anything (and to some extent, your gear). You might want to give it another shot, especially since the 4.0 patch changed so much.

Though you seem to already want a rogue or hunter. Tauren aren't sneaky, so that would be a goblin rogue (or hunter) and Tauren hunter. I have the latter and he's a blast to play if I'm in a snappy DPS type of mood.

There's still time before Cataclysm. You could roll a Tauren hunter now and get him a decent way (at least level 20 or so) so you can get a feel for the class. If you like it, you could keep going or reroll as a goblin. You can do the same for a rogue if there's another race you can stand to look at for 20 levels or so.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Hunter
Excuse me, i meant to say that hunter was my dream class. I guess i mistyped. Im wondering, I like the tauren for being big and bad, but being nice, and they can be a paladin or warrior. I tried an warrior once( on patch 3.3) and i got rage starved. So, a paladin im thinking would be my best choice. Do i have to dungeon lvl though or can i quest while qued, but i know that tanks are in high demand, so i dotn really know if i have enough time to quest

Now, that i got my tauren paladin named Moosepie , Cho'gall, I need a goblin class. Should i do another hunter or go shaman. I want to know if shamans are hard to play with all the macros, if they have alot from what i see on youtube videos. I just have no idea what to have as a goblin. i dont like having the idea as a tiny tank or a rogue( are they over powered?) If i do a shaman, i have to worry about blood lust and when to activate it in a raid group. I just have seriously have no idea. Let me know if anybody can help.

PS: ty , icedragon, for helping me choose a tauren paladin
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I've done Warrior and Pally tanking, and Pally definitely seemed easier. 4.0.x changed things up a bit ---> I am having to re-learn tanking. But my guess is that it is still easier than tanking on a Warrior.

Shaman... It is a fun and versatile class. I would also conjecture (from my own experience with lowbie toons in both) that the Shaman is easier. I like my Shammy more than the Rogue, even though my Rogue is higher level (now figure that one out). Shamans are welcome additions to parties at all levels, so you know they don't stink.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Hunter
alright, thx. i guess im sticking with a shammy and paladin. now one more question, Do i have to instance level n cataclysm with my tauren paladin ? I love the whole story and want to do a tauren 1-85 questing with instances to build up my tanking experience , so i can work as a OT in my raiding guild.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Do i have to instance level n cataclysm with my tauren paladin ? I love the whole story and want to do a tauren 1-85 questing with instances to build up my tanking experience , so i can work as a OT in my raiding guild.
You don't have to level through instances, no. However if you plan on tanking at end-game then it would be in your best interest to learn how to tank before starting the PvE gear curve at 85. So at least do instances somewhat regularly, depending on how often you play.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Hunter
alright, thanks guys, really appreciate your help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]