Eternal Belt Buckles - Cata version?

This thought popped into my head the other day when applying a belt buckle to my new belt the other day.

The item itself is pretty generic... it adds a gem slot to your waist item. It seems like it should be usable on Cata gear. (The tooltip says "Item Level 80" but not *Requires* Item Level 80... so I assume there is no gear level restriction.)

However, as players move on to the Cata zones, and no one is routinely gathering the mats required to make these items, it seems like their cost is going to skyrocket. I have a blacksmith, and will farm the mats and craft them myself if needed, but I was curious as to whether this is something Blizz intends to happen?

(Please note that I have not seen a full blacksmithing recipe list for Cata... if there is a Cata version of the belt buckles planned, I have not seen it.)
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
So they cost more. Gratz on having a blacksmith and making oodles of gold from it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55054/

There will be a Cata version, apparently.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
I plan on making lots of Ebonsteel Belt Buckles.
Reply Quote
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55054/

Aha, this is the information I was not privy to. Thanks for the link!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

And thus die sparkle-eyed dreams of enormous profit gouging.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

I enjoy crushing people's dreams.

/cackle
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

/cackle

What exactly does a cow/bull cackle sound like?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This thought popped into my head the other day when applying a belt buckle to my new belt the other day.

The item itself is pretty generic... it adds a gem slot to your waist item. It seems like it should be usable on Cata gear. (The tooltip says "Item Level 80" but not *Requires* Item Level 80... so I assume there is no gear level restriction.)

However, as players move on to the Cata zones, and no one is routinely gathering the mats required to make these items, it seems like their cost is going to skyrocket. I have a blacksmith, and will farm the mats and craft them myself if needed, but I was curious as to whether this is something Blizz intends to happen?

(Please note that I have not seen a full blacksmithing recipe list for Cata... if there is a Cata version of the belt buckles planned, I have not seen it.)

Last time I was on the beta server, the level 80 belt buckles had a max ilevel restriction of 300. So I presume there will be a cataclysm equivalent, or something new to put on our belts.

Having now followed the link, I'll be making some of those sooner or later. My one toon with 450 blacksmithing...I would beat my head against the wall rather than level it again.
Edited by Sova on 11/11/2010 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight

/cackle

What exactly does a cow/bull cackle sound like?

Moohahaha
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

In addition to the new version, it looks like the old version won't be working on gear with an iLvl higher than 300 either.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/55655/eternal-belt-buckle/
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I made so much money off those things at wrath launch, ridiculous amounts. For some reason no other BS's seemed to know they existed for like a month 0_o or were only doing private orders.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I made so much money off those things at wrath launch, ridiculous amounts. For some reason no other BS's seemed to know they existed for like a month 0_o or were only doing private orders.

This. I cannot wait to repeat this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]