Healing yogg25 1 light positioning question

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So tonight before cutoff time, we made a 2 real attempts at yogg hard mode. (there was one accidental face pull due to me, but that one didn't count.)

Problem I'm having is if I move with the ranged group to avoided the clouds, the tank is nearly always out of range of my heals, and if I stand near the tank to be in healing range, a lot of my focus goes to cloud dancing. Any advice on positioning and movement for a holy pally healer on yogg?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know what tank class you are using, but when we did it, we used a DK tank who could death grip to him. He had to realize where the group was and which way we were moving but it became much easier when he was responsible for staying in range of heals than heals staying in range of him. Hope that makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Use one ranged group. Assign someone a raid symbol, follow said person around.

Of course, since the explosions do minimal amount of damage currently, you can just stand dead-center of the room, eat the explosions and heal everyone. This works exceptionally well because you are a Holy Paladin and can use Protector of the Innocence and Light of Dawn.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

Of course, since the explosions do minimal amount of damage currently, you can just stand dead-center of the room, eat the explosions and heal everyone. This works exceptionally well because you are a Holy Paladin and can use Protector of the Innocence and Light of Dawn.

iirc if you touch a shadow it spawns an additional guardian. too many of those can be really annoying or wipe you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Another thing to point out, we're no longer the "Tank healers" and shouldn't be treated that way, as a healer you're a part of a team, if you're not able to heal the tank because you're making sure that you're not about to pop a cloud, it shouldn't cause a wipe, the other healers should be able to cover you for the 10-15 seconds that you're moving around.

^^ This
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree. Having the healer stay with the tank will usually cause more problems than it solves. The first one being that you will be moving much much more to dodge clouds which fundamentally interrupt your ability to heal even if we do currently have more instant casts than ever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

iirc if you touch a shadow it spawns an additional guardian. too many of those can be really annoying or wipe you.

Dead center is a safe spot. Clouds will never hit you there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I liked to follow a cloud around. Our paly in the group liked to stand dead center unless she had one of the sara debuffs, then she had to get out before the explosion. Use whatever position works best for you.

I thought with overgearing that this fight would be pretty simple but the decursing and totem changes made phase 2 rather difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

It's "safe" in the sense that you will never hit a could, but it's very UNSAFE for healers, and anybody in general who has Sara's Blessing, or Sara's Fervor, go back and read my post, it explains things which are otherwise unexplainable ;)

You're a paladin, use Divine Shield if you get double-debuffed. The explosion barely tickles these days with everyone having 50k hp and all. Also, Aura Mastery Resistance Aura works wonders for both debuffs and the explosion.

I am not necessarily saying this is the "best" option, it's just the laziest and easiest in my opinion. Stand on top of Sara and heal yourself through explosions, never have to worry about clouds. Of course, I can do the dance perfectly fine as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]