So The Alliance Twilight Highlands intro

85 Night Elf Druid
Well I for one am confused. Why did our boat ride get scrapped? I saw the "Garrosh makes an ass out of himself" Horde intro and just automatically assumed that the Alliance would be riding in on one of those ships.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

But right now he never appears again out of Silverpine. You don't even know what happens in Silverpine unless you roll a Horde toon; which is one of the biggest gripes Alliance players have.

A fair argument here is, "Man, the Alliance have some BADASS moments, can we have ways to see these badass moments?"

Not "The Alliance have no badass moments, we are getting roflstomped, QQ."

Well I for one am confused. Why did our boat ride get scrapped? I saw the "Garrosh makes an ass out of himself" Horde intro and just automatically assumed that the Alliance would be riding in on one of those ships.

Like I said probably because coding a naval battle is serious business.
Edited by Vromrig on 11/12/2010 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree Vrom. That's what I'm arguing; how can the Alliance feel more pride or feel badass if our badass moments only happen Horde-side?

Two ways.

One, look at the Horde. Now back at me, now back at the Horde. Now back at me. Sadly, the Horde isn't me. But the Horde could be like me if it were infused with the power of divine awesome.

Look down, now back up. Where are we? We're on an airship, with the man your faction could be like. What's this? I have it, it's a quest where we pwn those Horde. Back at me. The quest is now faction pride.

Anything is possible when you realize your faction is the more badass of the two and not run by Garrosh.

I'm on a horse.

The second way is to actually look at the lore in its entirely. Not just what this silly forum considers to be lore, but what the actual situation is. The Alliance has consistently been on the vanguard of trials and tribulations and been forced to be the testing table for every other society's attempts to define self actualization. We've endured hardships and never let that shape our image into anything than what we initially set out to be, while consistently always being in the right.

We have the greatest heroes in WoW history, the greatest military, the greatest cities, the greatest civilization, the greatest track record, the most resilience, and are now literally curb stomping the Horde left and right.

Sure, once in a while, Blizzard doesn't give us all the tools necessary, but at the same time, I tend to see that as a form of equalization. What does the Horde have? The fact that they're a violent mob of rampaging man beasts that run around and try to kill things while beating their chests and screaming "LOK'TAR OGAR" just to hear themselves rant? Congrats, I'll take having been burned down to the ground by the wretches when they were cracked up on Super Demon Stim Packs and still crushing them, rebuilding, and turning them into our pets any day.

So in the end, I don't really mind that the occasional "neat things" or slight bit of "dev love" slips away and is handed to the Horde.

Because I'd rather have all that we have with a little less attention thrown our way, than need to have our lack of awesome compensated for by special developer gimmicks, especially since the tantamount of their "coolness" in this expansion is the equivalent of Admiral Ozzel running himself into the Rebels' planetary shields.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Cool events are only for WINNERS!

...Vrom, I'm picturing Garrosh Hellscream smashing his head into the gates of Stormwind because he thinks that's how they'll come down.

"LOKTAR! I DEMAND YOU TO FALL!"

Exactly.

That's what we're up against.

A man who sincerely thought he could go into Northrend, pick a fight with the Scourge in the worst possible spot on the planet, then go marching into Icecrown with no supplies and no siege tanks AND tried to pick a fight with VAliance.

Who sits there and says, "WE WILL CRUSH THIS KEEP!"

"HOW WILL WE CRUSH IT WARCHIEF?"

"WITH THE POWER OF AWESOME."

"IS THAT A BATTERING RAM?"

"NO YOU FOOLS, WITH OUR FISTS THAT ARE MIGHTY, ATTACK!"

Then you pan back over to the Alliance, saddled by an array of military tacticians, leaders, and free thinkers with a history of not only martial prowess, but social and diplomatic wisdom who have their fare share of scars.

You see the likes of Varian Wrynn whose finally a leader standing up for his people and not taking any of Garrosh's @%*!, the Bronzebeards who have been absolutely integral to essentially saving Azeroth and unearthing secrets that show that not only are humans inherently badass, we're god damn descended from viking vampires from Hell.

And then we have me.

What is there to not go "Holy hell this is awesome" about?
Edited by Vromrig on 11/12/2010 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
...Vrom, I'm picturing Garrosh Hellscream smashing his head into the gates of Stormwind because he thinks that's how they'll come down.

What an idiot.

I already tried that years ago, it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
pick a fight with the Scourge in the worst possible spot on the planet, then go marching into Icecrown with no supplies and no siege tanks AND

Siege tanks cost too much gas these days. Garrosh hadn't even teched up to factories yet he was solely relying on Orcish Marines and Marauders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Siege tanks cost too much gas these days. Garrosh hadn't even teched up to factories yet he was solely relying on Orcish Marines and Marauders.

Garrosh thought he could just A-move to diamond.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Now that is a comment that's worth laughing to!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If I can get a laugh out of Dallanna, I feel honored.

Also Vrom: You're right. I nominate you to be the head of the Alliance faction of the Story Forums.

I return to serve.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
So, how about those awesome Forsaken guys. I hear they're doing cool stuff with blight and such.
Edited by Morth on 11/12/2010 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warrior

Also Vrom: You're right. I nominate you to be the head of the Alliance faction of the Story Forums.

I return to serve.

WHERE'S YOUR WALKER?!

Oh. You're in it.

Had to say it. ^_^
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock

I return to serve.

WHERE'S YOUR WALKER?!

Oh. You're in it.

Had to say it. ^_^
]
Dragoons are better.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Vrom, where the bloody hell were you on the old forums?

As bad as Ainhin, abandoning us to the Horde when we most needed leadership.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I was permabanned yo.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I was permabanned yo.

That's no excuse! You should have bought a new account instead of abandoning us! :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's no excuse! You should have bought a new account instead of abandoning us! :P

You know other people found their way to my message board.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]