Where my aggro go?!?!?!?!

80 Troll Hunter
I have a 67 alt Tank. When 4.0.1 hit, I went into randoms and could not hold aggro for crap! Before patch I was doing great! What happened? Can someone help, or does anyone know of any good sites that can help?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
It's easy to say where your threat went. It left you by lowering your damage done and entered the DDs via their damage done. ;p
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
First off what class are you playing?
As an example; If you are a DK it could be something as simple as using frost presence instead of blood presence to tank (something I did for about a day on the PTR).

here are some class specific sites that I am familiar with:
for DK tanks try pwnwear.com
for pally go to maintankadin.failsafedesign.com
for warriors (and everyone else) tankspot.com
for druids . . . yeah sorry dont really know any forums specifically for druids. go hit up tankspot.com
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Reesi, did you write the Warrior tank guide in the Warrior sub-fora? Or is Drow trying to corner the market on tanking guides? :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Not enough cowbell in my humble opinion!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have a 67 alt Tank. When 4.0.1 hit, I went into randoms and could not hold aggro for crap! Before patch I was doing great! What happened? Can someone help, or does anyone know of any good sites that can help?

Thats what I want to know...I used to be able to charge in TC sunder and even if the dps had hit it before I got there it snapped back to me.

But omg my first night back in the game tonight tanking I wanted to /wrists
I cant even hit a target first the dps is all hitting a dif mob and its like a benny hill chase. I never had an issue with impatient dps before, meh if they pulled threat off the bat I could snap it back on the charge in. Now i even failed to get taunt to pull the mob off one of the melee..im like did they nerf taunt wtf.

I am used to dps being tards , but honestly if was never this hard to control threat and agro before even when dps face tanked to be idiots.
Edited by Rolld on 11/13/2010 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Snap aggro on the pull is gone, you need to tell the dps not to be retarded, if they continue to be feel free to let em face tank, maybe the healer will be nice and heal em, maybe they wont.

On the other end of the spectrum, sustained threat after 20 seconds or so (at least at raid damage levels) is absolutely insane as is the dps a raid tank can put out now.

Vengence is the new double edged sword of tanking, your a limp noodle when you dont have much of it, turns you into a tanking god when you have a full stack of it.

@ the OP would help if you told us what class you were tanking on.

My suggestion warrior wise for 5 man pulls, open with charge>TC>Shockwave, then shield slam your main target, slap a rend on it and TC again to get rend on the rest of the trash pack, USE CLEAVE LIBERALLY and glyph it for the extra target, spec into imp revenge and make sure to be hitting that too as it also has a cleave, and dont be afraid to tab target a bit though we dont have to do that as much as a druid does now.

The slow weapon is actually a big help, it really amps up devastate, you will see that many 80 warrior and pally tanks have switched to slow speed dps weapons to up their threat generation. Your heirloom sword will be fine until you find a suitable replacement at 80.
Edited by Voradrac on 11/13/2010 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You only really need to tab target trash until the second swipe goes off. ~ 8 seconds on average give or take for latency and the type of pull. Of course, by then most are dead anyway. BUT anything still kicking is stuck on you for the last milliseconds it's still breathing.

Multiple casters outside swipe range requires a bit more finesse, but that's really not much different than the old style.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Snap aggro on the pull is gone, you need to tell the dps not to be retarded, if they continue to be feel free to let em face tank, maybe the healer will be nice and heal em, maybe they wont.

On the other end of the spectrum, sustained threat after 20 seconds or so (at least at raid damage levels) is absolutely insane as is the dps a raid tank can put out now.

Vengence is the new double edged sword of tanking, your a limp noodle when you dont have much of it, turns you into a tanking god when you have a full stack of it.

@ the OP would help if you told us what class you were tanking on.

My suggestion warrior wise for 5 man pulls, open with charge>TC>Shockwave, then shield slam your main target, slap a rend on it and TC again to get rend on the rest of the trash pack, USE CLEAVE LIBERALLY and glyph it for the extra target, spec into imp revenge and make sure to be hitting that too as it also has a cleave, and dont be afraid to tab target a bit though we dont have to do that as much as a druid does now.

The slow weapon is actually a big help, it really amps up devastate, you will see that many 80 warrior and pally tanks have switched to slow speed dps weapons to up their threat generation. Your heirloom sword will be fine until you find a suitable replacement at 80.
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]