Orc or Troll?

80 Undead Warrior
Going to level a hunter, most likely going to PvE mostly on it.

I'm just stuck between 5% pet dmg and like 200ish atp vs 20% speed and bow spec...

Has anyone tested this dps wise?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
With RNG, its really pretty negligible. I'd go with what race you like the animations and armor looks on best.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I rolled orc cause I planned to go BM, and the 5% pet damage was a nice option, much like the AP Racial.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I am going to agree with Jonke for the most part. But as far as what -other- people have told me in the past, Troll would be the best race as far as the bonuses. I wouldn't really quote myself on that though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Once you go troll, you never reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Lawl, when i make a new character i never really care about their racials (well i kinda do but its not my 1st priority).

I mainly look for how cool they look srsly the racials arn't that real big, they're not game changing.

imo go troll because once you go troll ...you never re-roll

and cmon' mon' don' forget ta' voodoo

who doesn't like trolls??
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Once you go Spacegoat...
You never wear a coat?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
AA
I wuv trolls!
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
I guess Orc for the 5% pet buff.well,it depends on the spec ur going to be!
Reply Quote
Why not a Goblin or BE or Undead? hunter?

But in all seriousness:
Going to level a hunter, most likely going to PvE mostly on it.

I'm just stuck between 5% pet dmg and like 200ish atp vs 20% speed and bow spec...

Has anyone tested this dps wise?

Most of the time, if you roll a troll, the BiS weapon will be either a gun or crossbow, which will make your racial useless. As for orcs, if you are planning to go MM and/or SV, then your racial is not as great as it can be, for instance if you went BM.

In the end, it all comes down to which race you enjoy the most and which spec attracts u the most. Dont play the game for stats, play it for fun =)

Just my two cent.

Edited by Garnza on 11/15/2010 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Issue is a moot point. All testing has indicated that Orc is hands down the best race for Hunters. All you have to do is read Warcraft Hunter's Union, The Huntsman's Lodge, etc to see this. Yes, the +5% to pet damage is that good, especially stacked with Mastery in the Beastmaster spec. An example: 14.97 Mastery rating will increase pet attack damage by 25%, coupled with the Orc racial, that is now 30% increased pet damage. That's really, really good.

I say this as a Nelf Hunter myself. Kind of pains me that Alliance racials, taken on the whole, are entirely useless compared to Horde racials. Don't even say Perception and Every Man For Himself - first one is being removed and the latter nerfed to a 3 minute CD, no replacement for Perception being offered, leaving Humans with exactly one racial of any worth - Diplomacy with the faction rep bonus. +3% Spirit and +3 Expertise to Swords and Maces are worthless, as Spirit in general is useful to about 1 class in the game, and the +3 to Expertise doesn't even register on your character sheet, even as a non-Hunter Human (for instance, my DK).

Trolls comes in second place for Hunter races, and Dwarves a distant 3rd.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Has anyone thought about being a Undead Hunter in Caty?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
Has anyone thought about being a Undead Hunter in Caty?

I would have, had Blizzard made the undead pets look undead. Skeletal Wolf or Cat would be kind of cool. Aside from that...no

I picked Troll, because I like trolls. Picking a class based on racial abilities ruins the fun. Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Once you go Spacegoat...
You never wear a coat?

I never liked coats to begin with...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

That. ^

Hey Csiko. XD It's Caed rofl.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I like my green skin, massive steroid muscles, and my huge shoulder armor

gives me flavor
Reply Quote
With RNG, its really pretty negligible. I'd go with what race you like the animations and armor looks on best.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]