Warlocks should be a hybrid dps/tanking class

85 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll have better luck making a case for the implementation of, say, Necromancers as a playable class.

They might be willing to throw in some sort of "ranged tank" or "summoner tank" mechanics therein.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It looked like for a while they were considering it, seeing as how demon form had a cleave and charge. I think warlocks should be able to wear leather armor

For one patch in Beta (vanilla) locks could wear leather. You guys seem to think that this is like vanilla, we no longer have health pools or health regen comparatively. We are not tanks and we've had teh hybrid "tax" for all of WOTLK and we aren't hybrids.

To the poster directly above me - I WISH they would make a necromancer class.
Edited by Cryptwind on 11/17/2010 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
If I wanted to tank I would roll a tank.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I wish I had an auto-reply function for the warlock forums that would simply post "No" to every single thread about Warlocks turning into hybrids and tanking/healing.

Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
locks are a tanking class, sorta. It's extremely situational, but there it is. One of the Twin Emps in AQ40 is tanked by a lock, Leotheras the Blind in SSC is tanked by a lock during certain phases...

it's pretty much the reason Searing Pain was put in the game. Magic tankin'.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
locks are a tanking class, sorta. It's extremely situational, but there it is. One of the Twin Emps in AQ40 is tanked by a lock, Leotheras the Blind in SSC is tanked by a lock during certain phases...

it's pretty much the reason Searing Pain was put in the game. Magic tankin'.

DEN DA DAMN DK'S TOOK OUR JERBS!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I think what demonology needs is to have more than one active permanent pet at a time. Make the demonology spec more of a summoner who depends on his pets. Imagine having two imps, for example. The one we have now, and another that melees your target. Jumps at them and tries to claw their eyes out. I'd spec demonology for that.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
DEN DA DAMN DK'S TOOK OUR JERBS!!!!

DEY TOOK ERR JERBS!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
As before, as it is now and as it shall always be, no.

Don't wanna tank. Don't wanna heal. I just wanna go melt faces in three different ways.

QFT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I think what demonology needs is to have more than one active permanent pet at a time. Make the demonology spec more of a summoner who depends on his pets. Imagine having two imps, for example. The one we have now, and another that melees your target. Jumps at them and tries to claw their eyes out. I'd spec demonology for that.

Yeah, relying on pets for the majority of our damage and their AI to work properly is something I TOOOOOOOTALLY want to have.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Ekeln tank alt reporting in. God this guy is fun.

What happened to Bromad?
He's still mad, bro.

He's also lost his Revenge which was epicly delicious.

I wanted to have a level 80 with 450 skinning and mining for Cataclysm's launch. Kack was in range of the goal, Bromad wasn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]