Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops

80 Blood Elf Priest
Just got it in the AQ chain, in cata will it still be in my bags? Or will it disappear like the rest of the chain?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
No.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
There have been conflicting reports that the recipe is a rare-spawn on the beta. I'd say it's your prerogative to decide to hang on to it or not- I sold mine for a decent chunk of change some time ago.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
I mean, I have it in my bag, but will it still be there come cata? Or will it disappear?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have the same question, I'm only missing the blue scepter (but I have the recipe), will it stay in my bag or disappear?I guess it wont be removed but I'd rather be sure it wont
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I mean, I have it in my bag, but will it still be there come cata? Or will it disappear?

Item's will always stay in your bag, and should never disappear with new expansions. So if you have the book in your bag, it will still be there after the release of Cataclysm. I can say this with confidence as I have had my current character since Vanilla, and have a lot of old quest stuff since before changes were made, such as the level 60 Onyxia head and horde head from AV before they were removed.

HOWEVER if Blizzard decide to change the item to a vendor grey, then you might be SOL. A prime example would be all the class books that used to teach new levels of spells (like the books in AQ20), which were replaced by grays which vendor for 10 gold. It is possible that these changes only affected newly looted books though.

Overall, if you are trying to sell it after Cata's release for big gold, then you'll probably be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
AFAIK, they aren't removing the items, they are removing the quest NPCs and the quests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Recipe will be there, yet the Chimaerok's and their home isle shall not be after the Shattering
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]