Mana Tide Totem: Adding Flavor

80 Draenei Shaman
Sometimes the smallest things can add fun to an existing game mechanic. Mana Tide Totem, as it is, is somewhat boring, although it does fill an important role.

My suggestion is a very simple one to make MTT more fun, without changing its gameplay in any way.

Change the graphic into a small water elemental that throws its arms up in the air with each pulse. Now it feels more in line with our class's theme of asking the elements for our powers, and becomes amusing to look at.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sure all of the PvP resto shamans will love that idea. Should do it imo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
is "flavor" the word of the month on the forums? jeeze louise.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah because in a raid I really care what MT totem looks like...

Sitting around bored in a city it might amuse me but other than that, the swirls it does now work just fine.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Stuff like this and the need for a differentiation of colors and "shinies" or "sparkles" are clearly what developers need to be concerned about. We all clearly want to have better things to look at when afk in a main city complaining the game is too hard where I have to pug individual bosses to get my purples from a vendor.

Clearly hot topics like this should be stickied and bumped and signed until blue posters assure us about adding more flavor to this casual oriented game. Like c'mon druids who heal can now see what their gear looks like mid fight if they are resto since its a CD.

Why can't the rest of us just sit back and enjoy ourselves mid fight staring at the sparkles which we obviously had to work so hard to obtain with the 9 other mouth breathers we managed to con into going into a raid with us, but don't worry because were gonna get the same gear as these chumps who go in and start to farm heroic 25 mans. Were to cool and casual for that noise and its about time Blizzard made it so nobody is left out.

Maybe in the first major patch blizzard will just mail us weekly pets, epics and mounts. Allow us to /dance for titles.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
is "flavor" the word of the month on the forums? jeeze louise.

You might say it's the ... flavor of the month.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Mana tide doesn't actually return any mana anymore. Who cares what it looks like? It used to be a powerful cooldown, now it's less mana than a pot.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Stuff like this and the need for a differentiation of colors and "shinies" or "sparkles" are clearly what developers need to be concerned about. We all clearly want to have better things to look at when afk in a main city complaining the game is too hard where I have to pug individual bosses to get my purples from a vendor.

Clearly hot topics like this should be stickied and bumped and signed until blue posters assure us about adding more flavor to this casual oriented game. Like c'mon druids who heal can now see what their gear looks like mid fight if they are resto since its a CD.

Why can't the rest of us just sit back and enjoy ourselves mid fight staring at the sparkles which we obviously had to work so hard to obtain with the 9 other mouth breathers we managed to con into going into a raid with us, but don't worry because were gonna get the same gear as these chumps who go in and start to farm heroic 25 mans. Were to cool and casual for that noise and its about time Blizzard made it so nobody is left out.

Maybe in the first major patch blizzard will just mail us weekly pets, epics and mounts. Allow us to /dance for titles.

you're pretty angry. maybe you need to go outside. a video game isn't worth getting this angry over. if you get this mad about things that are out of your control in a video game ("welfare" epics, lfd, pugging, getting the "same gear" as heroic raiders (not true btw.)) i can't imagine what you're like with things that are out of your control in real life (traffic jams, waiting in lines at dmv, tax returns, rich people just going out and buying yachts when you had to build yours with wood you cut from a tree yourself with a hand axe while camping in the mountains for months at a time).
Edited by Kyiris on 11/15/2010 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]