Xayton's Tank Guide - Ehh kinda updated

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I hereby use the dethrone option and claim this guide for my own.

If you object Xayton post in this thread sometime between now and a week from now.
Reply Quote
XaytonProxy says ... I call shenanigans on this!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're a dwarf your post is invalid!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Seven days have passed =D

edit:

You know im just kidding you Xayton but seeing your reply on facebook was priceless =P
Edited by Celyndrashad on 2/28/2012 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
/plants flag

|--------------------------|
|--Xayton's Sticky--|
|--------------------------|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Claimed.

If you don't understand how flags work I suggest you watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEx5G-GOS1k
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome back Sempai!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Since your back,

I think your guide could really use a what to do after the block cap section. I know that most people will figure it out IF they read the stamina vs mastery section but there will be those who dont read your whole guide.

Also, on the reforging section. Since alot of gear this tier has TONS of avoidance with a small amount of hit/exp could i suggest adding a guide line that says if a piece of gear has 2-3x more avoidance than hit/exp reforge the avoidance to mastery rather than the hit/exp for max CTC coverage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Since your back,

I think your guide could really use a what to do after the block cap section. I know that most people will figure it out IF they read the stamina vs mastery section but there will be those who dont read your whole guide.

Also, on the reforging section. Since alot of gear this tier has TONS of avoidance with a small amount of hit/exp could i suggest adding a guide line that says if a piece of gear has 2-3x more avoidance than hit/exp reforge the avoidance to mastery rather than the hit/exp for max CTC coverage.

I'' write something up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Threw in a little bit about "Post Block Cap."

So to anyone reading this, this guide is now more or less entirely updated for 4.3...Dragon Soul, since nothing really changed.

<3's
Edited by Xayton on 3/16/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Threw in a little bit about "Post Block Cap."

So to anyone reading this, this guide is now more or less entirely updated for 4.3...Dragon Soul, since nothing really changed.

<3's

YAH!

Now i dont need to try and steal your guide again!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WB Xayton!

Yes, please do write some suggestions for what to reforge into after hitting the Block cap.

I have worked the reforging on my gear to reach a CTC of 102.48 (Unbuffed) and reforged any excess to Expertise to push all Dodges off completely with about 7% (or so) for Parry chance let.

Would anything need to be changed to account for buffs or is this a decent way to go for now?
BTW - I haven't done any [N]/[H] Dragon Soul Raids as of yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
WB Xayton!

Yes, please do write some suggestions for what to reforge into after hitting the Block cap.

I have worked the reforging on my gear to reach a CTC of 102.48 (Unbuffed) and reforged any excess to Expertise to push all Dodges off completely with about 7% (or so) for Parry chance let.

Would anything need to be changed to account for buffs or is this a decent way to go for now?
BTW - I haven't done any [N]/[H] Dragon Soul Raids as of yet.

Change the reforge on your ;
Bracers: Parry -> Dodge.
Belt: Parry -> Dodge.
Boots: Parry -> Dodge.
Relic: Parry -> Dodge
Weapon: Parry -> Dodge.

Because you are running Glyph SoT, you are giving yourself WAY more Exp then you really need. And balancing your Parry and Dodge will give you a bit more CTC and you can make some more or less useless min/maxing changes.

I would also change Glyph WoG to Glyph CS (or HotR). Also drop the point in HG and put it into PoJ. It's also worth dropping a point in Reckoning to max PoJ out but you don't really need to. Swap glyph Dazing Shield to Glyph Ascetic Crusader. It also is worth carrying a stack of Dust around to swap Glyph HW to Glyph Focused Shield for pure single target, not needed but still good.

Because I said pick up PoJ you can change your boot enchant to straight Stam instead of Stam + Run Speed.

As a personal nitpick I really don't like straight Mastery gems everywhere, I much rather use Mastery/Stam and block cap myself around that. That way I end up with more stam, but that is a personal thing, you don't have to do it.
Edited by Xayton on 3/20/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sooo um Xayton.

How you liking the lock? Thinking you will be leveling him in MoP?

/upto something
Edited by Celyndrashad on 3/28/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sooo um Xayton.

How you liking the lock? Thinking you will be leveling him in MoP?

/upto something

Truthfully I am loving the lock. I have only ever been playing my Pally on and off since vanilla and for the most part ever only tanking. Mostly because I liked it and because I was my guild's main tank, I never really got a chance to take a break from it. Every so often I would get a break for like 1 fight or for heroics but past that I was tanking 100% of the time. As a result I was very burned out most of the time from playing and no really enjoying it.

I also REALLY hate leveling so I never had another toon. My DK was the closest as 71 but for whatever reason the 70 - 80 leveling really sucked so I never bothered finishing it.

As it stands right now I haven't really touched my Pally since I got back and I am happy about it. However to answer your question I am probably going to level both if I play MoP since I really enjoy the Lock (and it's changing a lot so that will be interesting) and I still love my Paladin.
Edited by Xerties on 3/29/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sadly i "plan" to retire when the new expansion hits.

But before i do i want to revamp my Warlock guide for MoP and was looking for a co-author to make a brand new guide with. Im looking for someone who can update it during MoP.

Its a ways off (not gonna work on the guide till the expansion is about to hit) but would you like to be my collaborator?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/29/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Celyndrashad
Sadly i "plan" to retire when the new expansion hits.

=(

But before i do i want to revamp my Warlock guide for MoP and was looking for a co-author to make a brand new guide with. Im looking for someone who can update it during MoP.

Its a ways off (not gonna work on the guide till the expansion is about to hit) but would you like to be my collaborator?

I guess we can see what we come up with. Truthfully I am probably not all that qualified yet do make one, but we can try.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
what % dodge and parry do you need before you dont need any anymore
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/17/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Strikesalot
what % dodge and parry do you need before you dont need any anymore

100%?

Umm to more fully answer your question. Once to are able to reach 102.4% CTC you don't really specifically need anymore avoidance in a literal sense. There is no real point when you don't NEED dodge/parry anymore.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
super helpful guide. i've played a hunter since vanilla but recently realized i really enjoy tanking, and your advice has proven helpful. so kudos to you sir.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]