Xayton's Tank Guide - Ehh kinda updated

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I need to get the valor trinket, but other than that am I managing to not be a moron? Other than the full T2 look of course. Also guide is super useful, thanks a lot.
Edited by Torpedoface on 4/24/2012 8:08 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/24/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Torpedoface
but other than that am I managing to not be a moron?

Only a few minor issue i can see.

You need to reforge the parry on your cloak to dodge.

Drop the points in HG for GbtL.I HIGHLY suggest switching cons out for a different glyph. That major glyph looks good on paper but what it mainly does for prot is make its bigger issue that much bigger.

I personally am not a fan of the cons glyph. It makes an annoying immobile ability even less movable.

04/24/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Torpedoface
I need to get the valor trinket

Also if you dont have it get Mirror of broken images from TB. Its BiS on Yor and zon in DS, and BiS for almost all bosses from old content.
86 Dwarf Paladin
I am making a Prot change for my off spec. Thanks for the great guide. =)
100 Human Paladin
Feels good to achieve supergalactic oneness as a tank!
90 Tauren Paladin
Xayton, I love you. No !@#$.

I'd tell you this on Real Id.

But I'm too lazy.
94 Draenei Death Knight
Ok call me a Newb even though I'm not, I have never been good at abreviations. That said, I think first off this is probably a very good guide. However in the list of Abreviations I don't see the following.
Not Found-(on below list)
HotR
SD
GrC

"Abbreviations(There are probably some not listed);
AS - Avenger's Shield
CS - Crusader Strike
DG - Divine Guardian
DS - Divine Sacrifice
GAK - Guardian of the Ancient Kings
GbtL - Guarded by the Light
HS - Holy Shield
HW - Holy Wrath
Inq - Inquisition
JotP - Judgments of the Pure
Salv - Hand of Salvation
ShoR - Shield of the Righteous
SoT - Seal of Truth
WoG - Word of Glory"

I know you said that there are probably some not listed, However in making a guide to help even those who are beginners, Logic tells me you have to explain all the details. That said I would love to know what the Abbreviations that I don't understand are, The ones not listed by you. I don't play my Pally very often but I am looking to start playing him more now that he is in his 80's I've never tanked on him let alone done alot of dungeons. That is all about to change.

I have found a love of dungeoning on my Dk and Yes I Tank as a DK and most find me at least decent enough to ask me back.

So I want to spice it up and add the ability to tank on my pally also I've been Questing in Prot so I'm not totally unfamiliar with it. I just don't have a real rotation down I just use what works while Questing. I know Tanking to be very different on a DK than when I quest so I'm Looking to this guide only to find it of little help do to the abreviation gaps.

Can some please fill in the gaps for me.
Thanks
85 Blood Elf Paladin
HotR- Hammer of the Righteous
SD- Sacred duty
GrC- Grand Crusader
90 Night Elf Rogue

My Spec;
http://wowtal.com/#k=-kfXOCn0.ala.paladin..

For a single-target DPS configuration, the recommendation is:
Prime: Seal of Truth, Shield of the Righteous, Crusader Strike
Major: Focused Shield, Lay on Hands, Ascetic Crusader, or Divine Protection

For a heavy-survival setup: (Slightly falling out of favor)
Prime: Seal of Insight, Word of Glory, Shield of the Righteous
Major: Divine Protection(Magic Heavy Fight), Holy Wrath, Lay on Hands, Ascetic Crusader

Hello paladin forums

Currently leveling a paladin and just wanted to make sure this info was still current.
Thanks in advance :D
85 Human Paladin

My Spec;
http://wowtal.com/#k=-kfXOCn0.ala.paladin..

For a single-target DPS configuration, the recommendation is:
Prime: Seal of Truth, Shield of the Righteous, Crusader Strike
Major: Focused Shield, Lay on Hands, Ascetic Crusader, or Divine Protection

For a heavy-survival setup: (Slightly falling out of favor)
Prime: Seal of Insight, Word of Glory, Shield of the Righteous
Major: Divine Protection(Magic Heavy Fight), Holy Wrath, Lay on Hands, Ascetic Crusader

Hello paladin forums

Currently leveling a paladin and just wanted to make sure this info was still current.
Thanks in advance :D

It is.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks ! :)
80 Draenei Paladin
Do you still use that UI from page # 1 of this thread? If so, do you have it in a package/bundle that I could download? If not, can you please tell me which addons they were so I may download them individually.

Kudos on your guide btw. Great job!
80 Draenei Paladin
Xayton, what addons are in your UI?
85 Human Paladin
06/03/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Janaie
Xayton, what addons are in your UI?

Umm off the top of my head;

Bartender4
PowerAuras
Satrina's Buff Frames (half broken)
Skada
Prat
SLDataText (half broken I believe)
DBM
TipTac
PallyPower (not sure why)
Shadowed Unit Frames
Some mini map addon that I forget
Grid
VengenceStatus
Handful of "Behind the scene" addons
Edited by Xayton on 6/3/2012 8:34 PM PDT
80 Draenei Paladin
I would love to try the addons you've got. Some of them you listed, I recognize and others I've not heard of. Would you be willing to create a zip file and send them my way? Or I am wondering if you got them already from an author from either curse.com or wowace.com?
85 Human Paladin
06/04/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Janaie
I would love to try the addons you've got. Some of them you listed, I recognize and others I've not heard of. Would you be willing to create a zip file and send them my way? Or I am wondering if you got them already from an author from either curse.com or wowace.com?

Umm my addon and WTF folders are such a mess I wouldn't be able to make a zip for you. Just go to WoWInterface (hate Curse now) and download them all one by one and manually set them up the way you like. Besides my UI is semi different then the one I have pictured. To give you an idea, picture the set up of LUI and you have a semi idea of what my looks like now.
Edited by Xayton on 6/4/2012 6:55 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
After Block Cap;
There are a couple different things you can do after you reach and can stay block capped.
1) Stack more Stam
2) Stack more Avoidance
3) Stack for DPS stats

Truthfully though, you can more or less remove stacking more avoidance, simply because most of the things that can kill you are not avoidable. So you guessed it, you may as well start stacking more Stam. However, if your guild has REALLY bad DPS problems it may be a good idea for you to keep more of your Hit/Exp stats on your gear and not reforge them. But as for gems, start using Stam gems.

For a much more detailed and fleshed out thought on this;
http://sacredduty.net/2011/10/14/what-do-i-do-after-reaching-block-cap/

So, in your opinion, is my build okay? Keeping in mind, our dps is through the roof in our core. hahaha.
85 Human Paladin
After Block Cap;
There are a couple different things you can do after you reach and can stay block capped.
1) Stack more Stam
2) Stack more Avoidance
3) Stack for DPS stats

Truthfully though, you can more or less remove stacking more avoidance, simply because most of the things that can kill you are not avoidable. So you guessed it, you may as well start stacking more Stam. However, if your guild has REALLY bad DPS problems it may be a good idea for you to keep more of your Hit/Exp stats on your gear and not reforge them. But as for gems, start using Stam gems.

For a much more detailed and fleshed out thought on this;
http://sacredduty.net/2011/10/14/what-do-i-do-after-reaching-block-cap/

So, in your opinion, is my build okay? Keeping in mind, our dps is through the roof in our core. hahaha.

Yeah it's good. Although I would drop HG and get PoJ just because run speed is nice. And for the love of god replace Resolve.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah it's good. Although I would drop HG and get PoJ just because run speed is nice. And for the love of god replace Resolve.

Oh trust me, I'm trying. Rofl.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
On my Pally I literally just work off a FCFS rotation and I can draw threat no problem.

Is this a case of simply just being smart with my abilities or am I just mashing buttons and winning? xD
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]