Destro lock: How to kill fire elementals?

85 Undead Warlock
What is the best way for a destro lock to kill fire elementals (e.g. the ones in Molten Core)?

They seem resistant to immolate (and therefore conflagrate), and even soulfire. Shadow-based spells do work, but I'm not sure if they are the best idea.

Any pointers are welcome.

EDIT: I meant immune, not resistant, sorry.
Edited by Plaguehammer on 11/15/2010 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Resistant? I thought Fire Elementals were Immune to fire in all forms but I don't know.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Corruption-Bane of Agony-hand of Gul'dan works decently.
EDIT: Sorry, I forgot hand of gul'dan was demonology only. My bad. But even with demonology I find those elementals annoying.
Edited by Nephilius on 11/15/2010 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Resistant? I thought Fire Elementals were Immune to fire in all forms but I don't know.

I meant immune, sorry. I've corrected my post.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You're pretty much limited to Corruption and Bane for dots and Shadowbolt for a nuke. SB does hit sufficiently hard enough for those level mobs. Also you can use Shadowfury and Shadowburn if you are specced into them.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
You're pretty much limited to Corruption and Bane for dots and Shadowbolt for a nuke. SB does hit sufficiently hard enough for those level mobs. Also you can use Shadowfury and Shadowburn if you are specced into them.

Pretty much this, we have the tools to kill the very odd fire immune mob. In the vanilla days they were much more about spell immunities and for the most part of since moved away from that model. I remember back in the day that we had things like resist wands that fired the elemental magic that we were trying to gain resistance against that the mob was also immune to. I was like "really Blizzard? Really really?"
Reply Quote
At least they arent like the mobs in schoolomance. That place really really makes me wish i had a demo spec.

To semi-paraphrase Zøøts "fire and shadow immune?" "really blizzard? Really really?"
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
Haven't run the newest phase on my lock but i've been killing water and fire elementals with frost/fire specs respectivly, not sure they are immune anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
open spellbook
go to desctruction tab
use shadowbolt
Reply Quote
70 Human Warlock
When I do MC on my other lock, I just switch spec's to affliction. I generally roll with a prot pally and a mage. Makes it a little easier to me.
Edited by Nirrti on 11/15/2010 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
MC mobs have high spell resistances. I did more damage wearing my Spell Penetration PvP set than my PvE set. Did it as Aff.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Warlock
I was surprised to find out today that fire elementals in the city invasions are not fire immune. It was a treat seeing all those numbers after an accidental Hellfire miskey.

But on-topic: Yeah you just have to sigh and spam the Shadow Bolts.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Curse them, slap on a corruption and then hurl shadowbolts at them. Pain in the butt if you're destro, but manageable.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
swap to your demo spec and go nuts (or affli, most people have an alt Demo spec for soloing)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I run it as aff. Just got my first binding finally.. another 4 years and thunderfury should be mine!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]