A plea to the developer of MRP

89 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that MRP is the perfect RP AddOn (By far crushing RSP), but it only needs one thing.
I think we need a "Theme music" section. In guild chat, we often discuss character's theme music.

Thoughts? Post your own theme music below. Mine is "Wish I Had An Angel" Nightwish.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
I shall plea in direct opposition to yours. I only want information that my character would know.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
I shall plead the 5th
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I have never liked the idea of theme songs in character descriptions. I don't care what song fits your moody death knight or your angry warrior. I don't give a damn and I would rather not see it in a profile.

MRP (And other Flags) are for physical description only. They are for you to tell others what we can't see on your character model, not for you to tell us what song you're currently enjoying.
Reply Quote
I never understood the theme music thing either. Maybe if there was a way for us to not see such a thing in the place where you're supposed to describe the physical appearance of your character, then...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
The only people that have theme songs in a fantasy based setting are professional wrestlers.
Reply Quote
The only people that have theme songs in a fantasy based setting are professional wrestlers.

Tempted to make this my sig.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Not everyone listens to your genre of music and knows what you're even talking about when you mention your artist and song name either, and nobody's going to look it up. Putting "Mike Foyle pres. Statica - Deadly Nightshade (Original Mix)" is not going to tell anybody anything about my character, especially when 99% won't even know what the heck it is.

I was really hoping this thread would be a please for the developer to add rsp compatibility so as not to split the community in half, but it seems I'm only to be disappointed here.
Reply Quote
82 Dwarf Paladin
For those that actually do want to list their "theme song" why not simply put it in the "motto" section?

The purpose is the same; a phrase or saying (in this case a whole song) to convey a quick look at your character's motivations, morals, or priorities.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I shall plea in direct opposition to yours. I only want information that my character would know.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
For those that actually do want to list their "theme song" why not simply put it in the "motto" section?

The purpose is the same; a phrase or saying (in this case a whole song) to convey a quick look at your character's motivations, morals, or priorities.

I like this idea. I'll make a note of that.

To Primrose, no, I'm not trolling. I'm serious, and am quite surprised that people think I am trolling and disagree with the idea.

I'm surprised because I find that music can easily sum up a character's life. An instrumental, for instance, can start out calm, then have a booming orchestra, and eventually fade out. Displaying the climax of a pirate's life, if one would ever RP that.

To Ravents, that's a point. However, if someone were truly interested in another character, they could easily pop up Youtube or Grooveshark and look up the song.

Before someone says "Nobody is interested in anyone else's character", then, why were flagging RP AddOns developed? Besides notes for one own's character, I suppose. But if two characters became good friends ICly and OOCly, surely one would be interested?

I'm just saying. I don't expect this to ever happen, it was just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
In my opinion, more is not better when it comes to RP add-ons. The only thing they should provide is a brief description of your character and a tag to let others know you're interested in RP. The rest should provided by us, the role players. You don't need a 5 page novel as your RP description, and my character can't "see" all your overblown, fancy titles.
Reply Quote
my character can't "see" all your overblown, fancy titles.
Yes, but if only everyone wasn't all "My guy solo'd LK lol, everyone nos him!", then we might be able to put titles to use, because logically, some people would be well-known, but only if acknowledged by the playerbase. So you can "see" some titles.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

i use dis as my theme song becuz my character is so brutal and serious B)

it is mature music for mature rpers such as myself

oh but dis is my batle theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscMfLMiha4&feature=channel
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

i use dis as my theme song becuz my character is so brutal and serious B)

it is mature music for mature rpers such as myself

oh but dis is my batle theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscMfLMiha4&feature=channel

Dragonforce. I see what you did there.
I rock out to them now and then, but I'm more of a Nightwish fan.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm more of a please let's not suck terribly with lolthememusic.

If asked, I do have themes, I sometimes like for each character, but honestly, I just MRP updated for the patch so my fps doesn't flutter in the gutter.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
want*
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Everytime I see "Theme music" I think of wrestling intro's... I don't think I would really be hearing music playing from some ominous speaker while you come walking down the street.
Reply Quote
Everytime I see "Theme music" I think of wrestling intro's... I don't think I would really be hearing music playing from some ominous speaker while you come walking down the street.

This.

Theme music is silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]