Legendary Achievement and Guild

85 Tauren Death Knight
Hello.

I am trying to find information on when the toon whom has a legendary should be in the guild that will be getting credit for said legendary.

Currently I have Shadowmourne on this toon and will have Hand of Ragnaros once the Eye drops. I have a warrior with Thunderfury and I am wanting to know by what date should he be in the guild I want to get credit for Thunderfury for the Cataclysm achievements.

I am assuming 4.0.3a or December 7th.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The guild leveling and achievements won't be unlocked until December 7th.

And I'm not for sure how it works, but you probably need a certain amount of guild rep for the legendaries to count toward the achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
In order to get this achievement your guild must obtain the legendaries AFTER the guild achievements are in place.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In order to get this achievement your guild must obtain the legendaries AFTER the guild achievements are in place.

Didn't Blizz correct this and state that they would give credit for HAVING the legendary?
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior

Didn't Blizz correct this and state that they would give credit for HAVING the legendary?

I was under the impression that you needed to obtain the items after the achievements went into place. I have been sitting on turning in the Thunderfurry quest.
Reply Quote
"We are making a[n] exception for this guild achievement. Any legendary items you have already earned will count."

However, you may still need a minimal reputation (i.e. Honored) with your guild before the system will recognize your already earned legendary items.

(source = http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26560536194&pageNo=1&sid=2000#19)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
It is Honored. I saw that on the Beta. Getting Honored won't take long at all. My concern is when would the toon with the legendary need to be guilded with said guild? Before December 7th is what I assume.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would not think it mattered "when" they were guilded, just the fact they have to be in the guild, get honored with said guild and the guild waiting for it to register the legendary to the list for achievement.

Pretty much like if you have the guild ui set up with some ranks to have Authenticator, and add a new player to the guild. Regardless if they do have a Authenticator already, there is a timesink before you can promote them to said rank with that requirement.
Edited by Bubblicióus on 11/16/2010 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My question is on this character (my rogue) I have both Thunderfury and Sulfuras. I have the FoS for TF, but not Sulf as Blizz won't give it to me (and believe me I've tried). When I join a guild and reach the required rep will someone else who can equip Sulf be needed or will me having it and the required rep be enough?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
When I join a guild and reach the required rep will someone else who can equip Sulf be needed or will me having it and the required rep be enough?

The requirement to equip the weapon to qualify still exists in the beta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]