The WoW Magazine

85 Dwarf Rogue
No halfhearted apology from Blizzard for the lax schedule this time, Nethaera? I'm surprised; actually, no, I'm not surprised at all. An apology would imply that Blizzard and Future have done something wrong.

Anyway, I've been saying my piece in another thread for the past few months. If anyone cares to read, have at it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827524211

The long and the short is that as good as the magazine is, the fact that it doesn't live up to the name "periodical" has put me off. From the look of things here, it's put a lot of subscribers off.
Edited by Tinwhisker on 3/25/2011 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Dwarf Hunter
I am a new players and I just subscribed to the magazine, so my questions is will you or do you offer back issues for purchase? I would really like to get all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/25/2011 6:05 AMPosted by Thoghagh
I am a new players and I just subscribed to the magazine, so my questions is will you or do you offer back issues for purchase? I would really like to get all of them.

Yup! They just started offering this service. Check out the webpage (don't know it off the top of my head) for back-issue purchase.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
Can you please explain to us why it's now almost April 2011 and we still haven't received the Winter 2010 issue? Why are other magazines able to meet a deadline but not this one? Why is it that when I email customer service asking about the status of my issue I never get a response? Why is there no customer service phone number for subscriptions?

If this is the "official" World of Warcraft magazine I'd think that you guys would be appalled by the lack of customer service being provided. The magazine itself is kid of cool but the fact that I have to make posts like this every few months when my magazine doesn't show up really turns me off to it and I won't be resubscribing because of it. I'm really not asking for much, I just want what I paid for, a magazine that's delivered on a regular schedule. Is this really so much to expect?
Edited by Breathless on 3/25/2011 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Troll Rogue
People actually paid cash money for that magazine?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Depending on the content I may re-sub. We'll see.

For $40 a year it would be nice to get an in-game pet or something.
Reply Quote
43 Troll Mage
one of the issues literally copy-pasted bad info from wowwiki
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6688
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
Depending on the content I may re-sub. We'll see.

For $40 a year it would be nice to get an in-game pet or something.

For $40 a year it would be nice to at least get the magazine at this point.

People actually paid cash money for that magazine?

Actually I paid by credit card.

Troll
Edited by Breathless on 3/25/2011 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually really like the magazine, I have gotten two issues so far and have not been disappointed. I think the quality is very good, they are nice to look at and have nice art in them! True, the articles content could be found on the Internet, but I personally enjoy having a physical magazine to flip through. But an in-game companion pet for subscribing would be AWESOME! Lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Two weeks after sending in an irate but polite message to customer support about my damaged copies, and missing 3rd issue, and I've yet to receive a response from the publisher.

I also just found out that the publisher's office is only around 15 min from my house... I'm fighting the urge to grab my damaged first 2 issues and throwing them down on someone's desk to show them their shoddy quality control.

It's frustrating enough to get crappy quality sent to your door, it's even worse when their customer support just ignores you.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I thought about sub to the mag, but google is free.

Edit: As in, google has free resources about 'the latest' information about wow. A magazine is something i would buy if i didn't own a pc. So feel free to explain to me why you bought it.
Edited by Splotchy on 4/5/2011 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
04/05/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Splotchy
So feel free to explain to me why you bought it.

Because some people still enjoy reading physical reading materials. The material in the magazine isn't meant to be cutting edge news you know...

I can google the Mona Lisa, but I'd still like to see it in person one day.
Edited by Kittyscarlet on 4/5/2011 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/05/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Kittyscarlet
Because some people still enjoy reading physical reading materials. The material in the magazine isn't meant to be cutting edge news you know...

I love books, and enjoy the interaction with a book physically myself. But i still don't understand why a WOW magazine. And yes, a magazine mostly is about "cutting edge news" since i'm sure your not bloody paying to read recycled information?

That mona lisa has a little more worth to the world than a online video game, so let's just calm down with the analogies. But... Good for you, and hope the magazines satisfy your needs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
04/05/2011 02:55 PMPosted by Splotchy
And yes, a magazine mostly is about "cutting edge news" since i'm sure your not bloody paying to read recycled information?

There's more to magazines than just news and everything else doesn't necessarily fall into the category of "recycled information". This is a very narrow view of what all periodicals are.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/05/2011 02:57 PMPosted by Kittyscarlet
everything

I don't mean to be a pain, but could you give me an example of a Broad view of what the magazine does for you? We just don't feel the same about magazines (lol). Anyway. Did you know they got a new 30 dollar mount you can ride? Oh the magazines you paid for tipped you off. I guess it is worth buying a subscription to WOW magazine.

Got my point? how much needless junk do people have to buy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
No, I suspect that you're actually trying to be a pain...

I guess you're just one of those kind of people who has to try and control how other people live their lives and spend their own money on things they want when it is of no consequence to you.

I really don't need to explain anything to you as it is none of your damn business what the hell I do with my own money, but if I like shiney glossy pictures/illustrations on heavy stock paper, that's my damn business. If I like to read articles/interviews that aren't found online (google) that's my prerogative.

If it doesn't appeal to you, fine... I don't give a damn about your point, and I'll spend MY money the way I want. Get MY point?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
No, I suspect that you're actually trying to be a pain...

I guess you're just one of those kind of people who has to try and control how other people live their lives and spend their own money on things they want when it is of no consequence to you.

I really don't need to explain anything to you as it is none of your damn business what the hell I do with my own money, but if I like shiney glossy pictures/illustrations on heavy stock paper, that's my damn business. If I like to read articles/interviews that aren't found online (google) that's my prerogative.

If it doesn't appeal to you, fine... I don't give a damn about your point, and I'll spend MY money the way I want. Get MY point?

That was... excessively harsh, to say the least. Not sure why you got so upset at someone else questioning your interests, especially when his point is completely valid. The WoW mag has nothing in it that could not be found on the internet or in-game, save for some concept art. No need to be defensive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]