Why did they remove some prof specilizations?

87 Blood Elf Priest
Did we ever see an official word on this? I tend to stay up to date on changes and never saw an announcement or reasoning. I realize now it was only for the armor-making professions: Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring.

Some people worked pretty hard to get those, and one day they just up and disappeared. I'm not too particularly mad, it's not a huge deal to me, but I was just wondering, anyone know why?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
spaghetti
Reply Quote
Did we ever see an official word on this? I tend to stay up to date on changes and never saw an announcement or reasoning. I realize now it was only for the armor-making professions: Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring.

Some people worked pretty hard to get those, and one day they just up and disappeared. I'm not too particularly mad, it's not a huge deal to me, but I was just wondering, anyone know why?

From the May 12 sticky of the old WoW profession forums:
# We didn't feel like we were getting much flexibility from specializations, so they have been removed for all three of these professions. The intent was to help people diversify their profession to feel different from that of other players, but through other professions we've found systems that work better to this end, such as simply making recipes available that you can earn over time.
# To follow up the previous change, all items that required a specialization are now useable by anyone.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702235621&sid=1
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Cool I must have missed that, thank you. The only thing I miss is making 2 cloths for my tailoring specialization, we should have kept that. But oh well.
Reply Quote
Now they just need to fix the bug from patch 4.0 (unless it was fixed today)- come people who had specialty items made already couldn't wear them anymore and others with LW or BS could make the items but they would require a specialty requirement to equip. I didn't see this on my priest- all my items were still equippable and the recipes showed the items as BoE with no specialty requirement if I wanted to make more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]