UI Scale too Large even at Minimum...

85 Draenei Paladin
So I logged in expecting to have some stuff to do with my UI Scale per the PAtch Notes that I read. :) However even at the Minimum its larger than my old Minimum... I need it to be smaller than it is allowed by the slider. Can I do this in the Config.wtf File?

SET uiScale "0.64999997615814"
SET useUiScale "1"

Are 2 lines from my config file.

Can anyone help?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
From the patch notes: "The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors."

You may want to change your UI scale to fit your personal preference. You can find this under the 'Advanced' video options once you have logged all the way on to your character. Make sure the checkbox next to the slider is checked or the changes will not take effect!

And this info I know about. Mine isn't too small... It is too big even at the smallest... I think the Minimum got bigger instead of smaller.
Edited by Jayshua on 11/16/2010 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
SET useUiScale "1"

That looks like it shouldn't be in there...Did you have the little check box marked?

My ui looks fine and I have SET uiScale "0.64999997615814" in my config, but not
SET useUiScale "1" .

Edit: Clarifying, by "shouldn't be there" I mean, "shouldn't be in there to achieve what you seek". :p
Edited by Renadiel on 11/16/2010 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The box is checked in-game and the slider is at the extreme left. Unless that line has nothing to do with the check box or the slider and is left over from before?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Try deleting that line and save the config.wtf file. If it effects your game negatively you can always paste it back in. =]

It sounds like it may be a left over.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
And for most the new minimun might be alright for some people. But I know its bigger than it was as UI elements on my screen no longer are flush and in the correct spots.
Edited by Jayshua on 11/16/2010 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Nope... Thats turns off the check-box...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Grrrrrr... New scale sucks... I want it to go smaller... I wonder what the old smallest scale was compared to the new smallest scale? :(

1920x1080 HD LED Screens... Both my wife and I want our UI smaller. lol - Opposite problem of everyone else.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Could you post a screenshot? I'm on a 1920x1080 monitor as well with the UI scale at minimum, and I think it's already pretty small unless you're only a few inches from your monitor.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I wonder if alot of the addons haven't caught up with the 1:1 pixel/texel ratio? They ALL seem scaled higher than before. So I am going to go thru them all and rescale them I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]