Professions for a mage

84 Undead Death Knight
Hey, everyone. I am starting a worgen mage for cataclysm and I would like to know what professions I should take? I was thinking of tailoring and herbalism but I'm not sure yet. What are your opinions?
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
Tailoring should provide you with good armor, and herbalism should provide you with materials to sell on the auction house. However, with all that tailoring you'll be making an awful lot of green items - might I recommend Tailoring and Enchanting?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Tailoring is always a good obvious choice for a clothie. You get free mats basically and get some good profession perks, you can't really go wrong. The problem is a second prof would be either..

-Any type of Gathering, just for the money
-Another crafting profession, but you'd need to supply it with mats somehow
-Or...Enchanting

Tailor/Enchanting is a pretty decent bread-and-butter choice for most clothies. Good on mats, income, and both support each other in terms of mats.

However some other good choices are definitely:

-Alchemy
-Jewelcrafting
-Engineering

Probably in that order.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]