Retribution mastery change - Intended

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, so first, I tested this out by auto attacking a dummy till I got a mastery proc. Got one, couldnt use anything. Used Crusader Strike, bam. Got the mastery to hit.

Then someone on the forum mentioned this is something that has been in the beta for a while. Someone else said it could have been intended.

I opened a GM ticket to get a response. Surprised I actually got one today lol. I was told the change was intended to be this way. I'm sorely hoping I got a lazy GM who simply didn't read my ticket close enough, but if this is indeed intended, then wow. Just wow.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So... what changed? Does HoL proc off of CS now?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So... what changed? Does HoL proc off of CS now?

You must have at least 1 Holy Power to use the HoL proc.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
we already have a thread on this topic
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
:( that seems like a bit of a dps loss for us.....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
we already have a thread on this topic

This one is stating it IS intended. And yes, it is a dps lose and a bit of a PvP nerf too, cause now if it procs, we have to stay on the target for a Crusader Strike and a Templar's Verdict.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Mastery overall seems like a failed stat implementation. They created a brand new stat, loaded gear with it, then it seems like 2 out of every 3 specs reforges all of it into something else because its just the lowest stat for them.

Be nice if they made it more wanted around the board. I love the idea, the implementation is just awful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery overall seems like a failed stat implementation. They created a brand new stat, loaded gear with it, then it seems like 2 out of every 3 specs reforges all of it into something else because its just the lowest stat for them.

Be nice if they made it more wanted around the board. I love the idea, the implementation is just awful.

It works for some classes. Frost Mages love it beyond anything else aside from Crit and it makes Kitty Ferals a better DoT class than some casters, for starters.

It's just very polarizing by spec. Either it's amazing for you and you want as much as possible, or it is completely useless and gets ignored. In that regard, it's kinda like any other stat, but after making such a big stink about it, the implementation for some specs makes it kinda lackluster.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i just gotta say that when we finnaly get a good thing going on, blizz has too nerf it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So, they nerfed one of the worst stats for Retribution? Mastery, now with 10% extra suck.
Reply Quote
Ok, so first, I tested this out by auto attacking a dummy till I got a mastery proc. Got one, couldnt use anything. Used Crusader Strike, bam. Got the mastery to hit.

Then someone on the forum mentioned this is something that has been in the beta for a while. Someone else said it could have been intended.

I opened a GM ticket to get a response. Surprised I actually got one today lol. I was told the change was intended to be this way. I'm sorely hoping I got a lazy GM who simply didn't read my ticket close enough, but if this is indeed intended, then wow. Just wow.

This is a bug.

If you read your Mastery tool tip, it says that it "causes no Holy Power to be consumed". Currently, in live and in Beta, it will consume a Holy Power. That's why you can't use it if you have none.

This gm you spoke with was clueless.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
If you read your Mastery tool tip, it says that it "causes no Holy Power to be consumed". Currently, in live and in Beta, it will consume a Holy Power. That's why you can't use it if you have none.

Currently, on live, it does not consume any holy power...you have to have a holy power to use it. Big deal, so you have to do a crusader strike.......I was about to do that anyway.

Mastery isn't useless, it just isn't better than haste right now. The only reason haste is so much better now is because we want the 3sec crusader strike cds. I think we will probably be seeing that we want mastery soon enough. 2x Templars Verdict for the price of one is sexy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

This is a bug.

This gm you spoke with was clueless.

It isn't consuming the Holy Power in my physical bar, just you can't use the mastery unless you have at least 1 Holy Power. You were lazy in reading my post. Damn people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

For the record GM's are "low man on the totem pole" for whats intended/unintended for any sort of development question. They serve as customer support and to enforce the rules that Blizzard has implimented. Asking a GM about the development process is the equivalent of calling Verizon's customer service department and asking them what direction the company is heading in the next five years. They are hourly employees that sit at a desk for their shift and work through a massive queue of GM reports.

Can a GM give you a correct response on whats intended/unintended? Yes.

Do GMs have any control over what Blizzard devs deem inteneded/unintended? No.

Is it possible for a GM to pull an answer out of their #$* just so he/she can move onto the next ticket in the queue? Yes.
Edited by Kinmaul on 11/16/2010 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
This nearly got me killed in kara of all places this afternoon. Sure blizz can cook the abilities in whatever way they like - BUT leaving these things undocumented so they sneak up and bite you in the butt is just rude.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Kara? Now it's war.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kara? Now it's war.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]