Backstab.IS.NOT.FUN

85 Undead Rogue
For the love of all that is holy, please either buff hemo considerably OR allow backstab to be used at any angle for 2/3 the damage and deals better damage when you are behind the enemy

During WotLK, using backstabs were MUCH easier to pull off when Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot were not on DR. Those two combined would give us atleast 10 seconds of "Backstab time" on our target.

However with Cataclysm making Garrote pretty much our only valid opener, i'm finding backstabs nearly impossible to land outside of kidney shot/cheap shot time on players who know what they are doing.

Having my damage nearly cut in HALF or totally negated by someone

-Standing with their backs against the wall
-Standing on the spot healing while spinning with their mouse /LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLing
-Lagging (either my opponent or myself) and constantly getting "You Must Be Behind Your Target" even though i clearly am.

should not be possible. I'm sorry but unless you have been blind, you would have realized that Subtlety only became popular in TBC once hemo started to do meaningful damage even though backstab did more damage. In every other season it was Combat Maces/HARP/ColdBlood-Hemo. No one wants to deal with backstab because IT IS FRUSTRATING. IT IS NOT FUN. IT DOES NOT ADD "FLAVOR". IT DOES NOT ADD DEPTH

High rated rogues are feeling the same way ( not claiming i am one, i'm not)
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=215086
Edited by Azliaris on 11/16/2010 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
BUFF THE OP CLASSES!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Assassination needs more mobility and combat needs more ARP, easy really

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I like backstab. I think more stuff like this in the game would be a better idea.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Now that we have the combat latency bar, getting backstabs off has been extremely easy for me.

I happen to enjoy backstab to be honest.

what difference that the combat latency bar thingamajic do when you're already spamming nothing but backstab anyways.

The people who enjoy using a positional requirement attack is but a tiny spec in the rogue population ( or what's left of it )
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Backstab IS fun! What are you talking about? Hemo is what you do only when you cant backstab, which if you Gouge or whatnot, is fairly easy. I like juking my opponent and running around them backstabbing while sprinting, driving them crazy. If it wasnt backstab, it would just be called stab. And that sounds really boring. It does good damage because it has a positional requirement.
Im not opposed to Hemo hitting a bit harder though. It could use a little more oomph.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
I like how backstab works personally. I doubt I am the only one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I rarely use it and haven't had any problems killing wizards and the like.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
i dont have it on my bars as sub at all. and i dont plan on putting it on my bars either. if blizz decides hemo isnt good enough as a main attack then i'll be happy. but until then i'll dislike backstab and say i agree with the title of the thread because backstab is not fun in any way.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
One
if you think its not fun, don't use it.

i don't think healing is fun, that's why i don't heal.

thread makes no sense.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
...allow backstab to be used at any angle for 2/3 the damage and deals better damage when you are behind the enemy

Would be a nerf to Backstab for any serious player.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I was a Mutilate Rogue throughout TBC and never had any issue getting behind my targets. This seems like a PEBKAC issue.
Reply Quote
26 Dwarf Rogue
They call me P.E.T.E.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
BUFF THE OP CLASSES!

Buff druids? No thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
One
if you think its not fun, don't use it.

i don't think healing is fun, that's why i don't heal.

thread makes no sense.

Wow, what a loaded comment. Did you miss the part where sub is the only viable rogue tree for pvp? Or are you -seriously- suggesting that he go no BS sub?

I know man, but i've seen rogues running hemo specs on bgs(which is stupid), and im sry wasn't my intention to put him into that group.
Edited by Lunarclick on 11/16/2010 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]