Female Characters in WoW Part 2

91 Tauren Hunter
Aponi was introduced to introduce Tauren Paladins. In fact, I think her and Tahu were added to the game before the massive Cataclysm leak from MMO-Champion and other websites that first said things like "Deathwing is the bad guy, Tauren can be paladins, world goes boom, Thrall becomes Guardian of Tirisfal, Cairne dies" etc. And as it stands thus far, she's meant to be the main Tauren Paladin character.

Sadly I don't think she hands out any quests in Cataclysm. she's just a trainer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Aponi was introduced to introduce Tauren Paladins. In fact, I think her and Tahu were added to the game before the massive Cataclysm leak from MMO-Champion and other websites that first said things like "Deathwing is the bad guy, Tauren can be paladins, world goes boom, Thrall becomes Guardian of Tirisfal, Cairne dies" etc. And as it stands thus far, she's meant to be the main Tauren Paladin character.

Sadly I don't think she hands out any quests in Cataclysm. she's just a trainer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully Aponi will get the Lady Liadrin treatment. There's so much going on storywise in Cataclysm though. I don't think think tauren paladins will get the story time that belf paladins received.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
I liked Liadrin, honestly. She was a very flawed, driven character who eventually got on the path of redemption. She wasn't there to be a man's wife, or eyecandy. Sad part was that we never saw her again afterward.

Aponi has the potential for being awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing a heroine Gnome or Dwarf.

Night Elves disappoint me because they have this amazing society and culture, where women are warriors - and yet the Night Elf women who get the most attention(lore wise) are either doing something really stupid, or ...well I don't like Tyrande. There's nothing wrong with being married - but the part that bothers me is when you don't do a thing until he's around, or tells you to.

Oh. Badass human chick from Grizzly Hills. Sasha. I want her back in Cata.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Chromie is a fairly interesting female hero.

Who might not actually be female. ._.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No, Chronormu—despite the name—was, in fact, recently confirmed as female.

Ah, my apologies, then. On the subject of female characters, though, I'd like to see Maiev show up again, maybe leading a group of Sentinels/Watchers. Killing Illidan left her with pretty much nothing else to do, and it would be interesting to see what she's doing now.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
No, Chronormu—despite the name—was, in fact, recently confirmed as female.

Ah, my apologies, then. On the subject of female characters, though, I'd like to see Maiev show up again, maybe leading a group of Sentinels/Watchers. Killing Illidan left her with pretty much nothing else to do, and it would be interesting to see what she's doing now.

I agree i would love to see Maiev show up again she pretty much dropped off the face of the planet. I would also like to see that Night Elves be what the where meant to be. Matriarchal Race that mix of great warriors, druids and hunters. They need to bring back the Wardens and do more with the Dragons Riders. That Quest chain in Bloodmyst was rather interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I liked Liadrin, honestly. She was a very flawed, driven character who eventually got on the path of redemption. She wasn't there to be a man's wife, or eyecandy. Sad part was that we never saw her again afterward.

Aponi has the potential for being awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing a heroine Gnome or Dwarf.

Night Elves disappoint me because they have this amazing society and culture, where women are warriors - and yet the Night Elf women who get the most attention(lore wise) are either doing something really stupid, or ...well I don't like Tyrande. There's nothing wrong with being married - but the part that bothers me is when you don't do a thing until he's around, or tells you to.

Oh. Badass human chick from Grizzly Hills. Sasha. I want her back in Cata.

Well there is Sandris Feathermoon as far as Night Elves go. She's still a "local character" in Catacylsm, but at least she's actually out doing stuff and taking Feralas instead of being cooped up in her stronghold with only minimal player interaction.

Another female character a lot of people don't know about is Warlord Zaela. She takes over the Dragonmaw after we kill Mor'ghor (with her help) and is involved throughout the Twilight Highlands questing experience. She even has her own voicefile, so you know she's important.

I should also mention that Zaela does have a male partner, Gregor, and although the nature of their relationship is never specified (I suppose they could be siblings or just acquaintances) it's obvious Zaela is the more important of the two.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Another female character a lot of people don't know about is Warlord Zaela. She takes over the Dragonmaw after we kill Mor'ghor (with her help) and is involved throughout the Twilight Highlands questing experience. She even has her own voicefile, so you know she's important.

I should also mention that Zaela does have a male partner, Gregor, and although the nature of their relationship is never specified (I suppose they could be siblings or just acquaintances) it's obvious Zaela is the more important of the two.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see non-belf women getting important screen time in the Horde.

Can we maybe make a list of Cata Heroines*? Concerning Names, Faction, and Location?

No spoilers needed, but it'd be nice to have a list so people could run around and find the quests and events that concern them after Cata launches. Rather than hearing about such and such quest a year or more later. Mainly the lesser known women, so that excludes characters like Sylvanas, Tyrande, Jaina, and Moira.

So far we have:

Warlord Zaela, Horde, Twilight Highlands
Aponi Brightmane, Horde, Thunder Bluff
Stormcaller Mylra, Alliance, Deepholme
Tess Greymane, Alliance, Gilneas
Sassy Hardwrench, Horde, Kezan
Magatha Grimtotem, Horde, Thousand Needles

*I use this term loosely to mean important female lore character, not necessarily a "good" character.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

Can we maybe make a list of Cata Heroines*? Concerning Names, Faction, and Location?

So far we have:

Warlord Zaela, Horde, Twilight Highlands
Aponi Brightmane, Horde, Thunder Bluff
Stormcaller Mylra, Alliance, Deepholme
Tess Greymane, Alliance, Gilneas
Sassy Hardwrench, Horde, Kezan
Magatha Grimtotem, Horde, Thousand Needles

*I use this term loosely to mean important female lore character, not necessarily a "good" character.

Okrilla the Killa - Blasted Lands, Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Just a thought:

Could we apply the Bechdel test here? Or has it already been mentioned?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Just a thought:

1.it includes at least two women, * Some make the addendum that the women must be named characters
2.who have at least one conversation
3.about something other than a man or men.

I'm not sure how it'd work, if the player is a male then alot would fail and if the player is female they would pass.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Just a thought:

It should apply in WoW.

Though the Bechdel test fails sometimes because it does not take into account other idiotic female banter about shoes, shopping, and maxing out credit cards that can be just as eye roll inducing as talk about men.

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I've never understood the 'logic' behind the Bechdal test?

What is it testing/measuring? What is it's purpose? What does it show/prove?

It seems pointlessly arbitrary.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Women's brains are 10 percent smaller. Its science.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]