Disease dispel and cataclysm....

85 Tauren Warrior
Will Paladins and Priests still be the only classes that can dispel a disease? Considering how this game has gone to bring the player not the class, and how ten man guilds will be very popular, I feel concerned with this issue.

We are a ten man guild only, and I know we are not the only ones with this issue. We currently do not have a priest or a paladin (dps, tank or healer of any) in our group for the expansion, due to our normal paladins job schedule change.

So are we going to be forced to remove a longtime friend from a fight or will Druids or Shamans get a disease dispel? I really do not want to try and recruit a paladin or priest and keep them over longtime friends because of uncertainty in the future if a fight needs a disease dispel (ex: lich king)

I would love to hear a blue response to this. Dispel magic is across the board, but now with ten mans you are screwed if you don't have a priest or paladin.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
All of the changes to dispels that will be made for Cataclysm have already been made with the 4.0.1 patch.

If you think they should change, you will want to post on the Suggestions Forums (which do not currently have an equivalent on the new forums, so the old forums will do for now).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Im pretty sure they said they would like to make all raid debuffs magic so it can universally dispelled. That way you wouldnt need a certain class to dispell something.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
And just for reference, the announcement of these changes can be found here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24038610691

The relevant portion is as follows:
# Druids will be able to dispel defensive magic, curses, and poison.
# Paladins will be able to dispel defensive magic, diseases, and poison.
# Priests will be able to dispel defensive magic, offensive magic, and disease.
# Shaman will be able to dispel defensive magic, offensive magic, and curses.

Some more interesting stuff, later on:
We want to stress yet again that one of our goals behind these changes was to help us design 5-player dungeons and 10-player raids. Currently having the ability to remove, say, a poison or disease can make an encounter go from challenging to easy, yet not every group has those abilities. With this new matrix, the encounter designers can make anything that must be dispelled a magical effect, while curses, poisons or diseases would be in the category of helping you win, but not an instant wipe if you lose. In 25-player raids, we have more flexibility to ask you to dispel more types of effects.

Obviously this won't apply to existing content, but for Cataclysm content, that's the intent.

Edited by Pahanda on 11/16/2010 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Im pretty sure they said they would like to make all raid debuffs magic so it can universally dispelled. That way you wouldnt need a certain class to dispell something.

I must have missed that in the insane amount of blue posts, mmo-champion updates, etc over the past months. If this is true, then I will be extremely happy!

Thanks a lot for the info sir!
Edited by Quirkitized on 11/16/2010 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]