What time is cataclysm released AU?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi guys,
Just wondering what day/time AEDST the Cataclysm expansion is coming out?
I know it is released 12am PST on the 7th of December in America, but what does that equate to for us Aussie players?

Thanks so much if you know the answer <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I believe like wrath it will be 12am PST on the 7th of December, we get it before the American's just like new year but we are not the first that would be the people on the island to the west of Australia
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
My local EB is handing them over at 7pm which is Midnight US time, so that we get it at the same time.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Oh joy.
Edited by Einy on 11/17/2010 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Correct. US Midnight on the 7th will be 7pm EST on the 8th for Australia.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So... 7th or 8th? By my (bad) maths, 12am PST on the 7th is 7pm on the 8th AEST?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
The 7th at 7pm is correct.

I feel sorry for my bro in law, he has to wait till the 8th to get it as JB Hi Fi closes at 6
and won't be doing any WoW launch stuff.

Digital Pre-Order is the win!
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Well i was in the store in parramatta (ran into a friend who works as a area manganger and told me they sorting to make release date around lunchtime (12pm AEST) instead of 7pm launch ...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Well i was in the store in parramatta (ran into a friend who works as a area manganger and told me they sorting to make release date around lunchtime (12pm AEST) instead of 7pm launch ...

Well, it's annoying that they cant make a final time if that's the case. Apparently NZ gets a Midnight Launch as well, asked people who are on both islands and they both said Midnight.

Zz
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
we are not the first that would be the people on the island to the west of Australia

well, there kinda isnt any major isands on the west of australia.. until Madagascar.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Well they breaking street date which Blizzard will punish them for anyway cause they want a World wide launch from ALL stores !!
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Servers gonna be down anyway i think
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Servers gonna be down anyway i think

It might just be a restart.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
yay so 7pm on the 7th. nice easy date to remember.

im just glad my server isnt that populated so i hopefully wont have a queue to get online :)

digital preorder ftw.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
it's kinda stupid that you can't buy this before they day, the servers don't let you play till release anyways but if you buy it from the store you have to still install the bastard so you can't play straight away
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]