Modern Blood Elf Mindset [Video]

90 Human Warrior
Doomhammer NEVER deserved the title of hero.

THANK YOU.

Doomhammer is worse than Blackhand, worse than Kargath, worse than Hellscream.

He led the Horde on the same path of destruction even after realizing that his people had been tricked and poisoned into their assault on Stormwind. He wasn't a demon-fueled maniac; he was in full control of his actions.

And again, I see people don't understand the difference between Lordaeron and Stormwind.

Oh, and to the person complaining about that blood elf lady with Varian: The Blood Elves were already members of the Horde by that point. Of COURSE people would draw steel on sight of her.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Garrona does not = Horde. She was just an Orc. I have read up on Varian. He is not a saint, he hates Thrall and all orcs because of the actions of ONE orc controlled by the Twilight Cult.

Varrian has no reason to hate all orcs because of the actions of one Orc who btw did not serve under the banner of the horde.

Skimming his Wowwiki article =/= research.

And condescension is quickly called out on this board. Care to actually respond to the post with more than a smartassed remark?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
And condescension is quickly called out on this board. Care to actually respond to the post with more than a smartassed remark?

Garona wasn't controlled by the Twilight cult during the First War, it was the Shadow Council. Which, in fact, controlled the ENTIRE Horde from behind the scenes. So yes, she was actually under the banner of the Horde.

Also, the person who received such a 'smartassed remark' implies that the entire First War doesn't count as a reason for Varian to hate the orcs.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also, the person who received such a 'smartassed remark' implies that the entire First War doesn't count as a reason for Varian to hate the orcs.

Oh, well geez. I guess that's plenty of reason to make a condescending post that doesn't even point this out.

I'm not sure why you're responding - I don't think your post was condescending; you actually tried to tell the poster why you were right/he was wrong.
Reply Quote

Others have already done a good job of that. I learned a long time ago that there's no way to dispell misinformation such as what was in that post; they already know what they believe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Oh, well geez. I guess that's plenty of reason to make a condescending post that doesn't even point this out.

I'm not sure why you're responding - I don't think your post was condescending; you actually tried to tell the poster why you were right/he was wrong.

I'm fairly sure the post the other guy made was encouragement to actually read up on Varian and not just skim the books to cherry-pick stuff that makes the King look bad, however mean it sounded.

And I'm just responding 'cause I didn't address what I said above in any other post, so I figured I'd make my point there.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thats not condesending. Thats calling someones bluff.

The two aren't mutually exclusive :/

Maybe I missed the post where the person said "I read WoWwiki and it said..."?

Regardless, off-topic. My apologies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
My apologizes for forgetting Lothar as well as Garrona not being controlled by Twilight's Hammer (although I could have sworn she was controlled by them since her character came into being.) Still the condescending remarks weren't really needed. Excuse me for forgetting a piece of lore from a fantasy world, I forgot that to do so was a crime punishable by humiliation and death. After all I should eat breath and live warcraft, rather than study for my A+ certification, or work on scholarship work. See I can be condescending too.

Still the fact remains that the "new horde" as you put it, is under a different leadership, and has not yet committed atrocities against Varrian or his people, as of yet. The reason Thralls Summit did not work with Varrian is directly due to his hatred of Orcs. Yes Garona did show up but I think that Thrall said it best "Half-orc at best, I suppose we all look the same to you."

Yes the horde has named their cities after "murderers" but who are you to judge the naming of cities?
Edited by Aylward on 11/11/2010 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
My apologizes for forgetting Lothar as well as Garrona not being controlled by Twilight's Hammer (although I could have sworn she was controlled by them since her character came into being.) Still the condescending remarks weren't really needed. Excuse me for forgetting a piece of lore from a fantasy world, I forgot that to do so was a crime punishable by humiliation and death. After all I should eat breath and live warcraft, rather than study for my A+ certification, or work on scholarship work. See I can be condescending too.

Still the fact remains that the "new horde" as you put it, is under a different leadership, and has not yet committed atrocities against Varrian or his people, as of yet. The reason Thralls Summit did not work with Varrian is directly due to his hatred of Orcs. Yes Garona did show up but I think that Thrall said it best "Half-orc at best, I suppose we all look the same to you."

Yes the horde has named their cities after "murderers" but who are you to judge the naming of cities?

It's not a matter of you not knowing the lore being bad, it's a matter of you attempting to speak in an authoritative fashion despite not knowing all the facts. That's what bothered me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Forgetting=/= not knowing all the facts. Sure Varian has more reasons to hate the orcs than I gave him, yet the man is still no saint, and fanboys should realize this. The man nearly assassinated one of the new Dwarven leaders because he felt that he knew best, and he felt that what she was doing to HER people was wrong. Read that again HER people not Varians people, once his son was safe his horse in the race was over so to speak.
He in fact hid his face so that no one would know it was him. He knew what he was doing was wrong yet he went ahead with it. Varrian is not a saint, none of the leaders are be they Horde or Alliance. Now who wants to talk of the cowardice of Doomhammer or how he was dishonorable when your king involves themselves with SI7 in order to assassinate a leader of an allied faction because you disagree with the way they run THEIR kingdom.
Edited by Aylward on 11/11/2010 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Forgetting=/= not knowing all the facts. Sure Varian has more reasons to hate the orcs than I gave him, yet the man is still no saint, and fanboys should realize this. The man nearly assassinated one of the new Dwarven leaders because he felt that he knew best, and he felt that what she was doing to her people was wrong. He in fact hid his face so that no one would know it was him. He knew what he was doing was wrong yet he went ahead with it. Varrian is not a saint, none of the leaders are be they Horde or Alliance.

Are you contesting the idea that what Moira was doing was wrong? Plus, he took the mask off when he got to her. Of course he had his face covered; he was going in stealthily.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not for me to decide (as a character) what she was doing is wrong, it is her kingdom. If she didn't like the way Varian ran his kingdom would she be justified in doing what he tried to do? The man only unmasked himself so she could see who killed her, he even left his own sword behind because it was "too recognizable". He knew what he was doing was wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

This is absurd. It takes about three minutes of reading to find out all the facts. You didn't just forget a few facts, you forgot 99% of the storyline of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Varian's anything -but- a saint. If he were a saint, I wouldn't like the character. He'd be boring.

You don't need to be so dramatic because someone was a little sharp-tongued with you and showed you where you were wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It should be stressed that this is the story forums, yes, and that much of what people say is opinion - but that that opinion is based on something factual and not just guesses, assumptions, and fancies!
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
It's not for me to decide (as a character) what she was doing is wrong, it is her kingdom. If she didn't like the way Varian ran his kingdom would she be justified in doing what he tried to do? The man only unmasked himself so she could see who killed her, he even left his own sword behind because it was "too recognizable". He knew what he was doing was wrong.

Um, then why did he rip his mask off and let everyone know who he was when he got Moira? He left his sword and covered his face initially because you don't want Iron Dwarves running around and telling everyone that the King of Stormwind is there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]