Anyone else having energy capping problems?

85 Worgen Rogue
In my Lich king 25man fight tonight I was having constant energy capping problems in the first phase.

I had rupture at a full 5 pointer and had just envenomed at 4 points and my energy would be at 70-80 and I would be forced to cut envenom short just to miss energy capping.

I do have a sneaking suspicion its my heartpierce, but if theres something else could someone let me know?

Also. Is it better to envenom short or let energy cap in this instance?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
With my engi gloves and SnD up I'm at 1050 haste...

Is there a haste cap I'm unaware of?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
There is no haste cap for melee classes, no. I don't believe SnD increases your actual haste, just your attack speed, so it doesn't affect rupture or energy generation.

ah yes you're right it doesn't..it does get my offhand speed cut in half though.. which is.. delicious to say the least
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
You should envenom early instead of letting your energy cap.

These are correct informations.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I know exactly what you're talking about, my guild has been working on HLK25 for the past 2-3 weeks solid and you end up spamming a ton of envenoms in P1. As long as 1) you're pooling energy as much as is feasible to maintain high envenom buff uptime, and 2) you're maintaining high rupture uptime, then more finishers is great. More damage is never a bad thing. My haste is slightly higher than yours and the rotation is still comfortable enough, you just have to practice quick fingers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
you'll usually end up energy capping a fairly large amount during the 20 seconds that overkill is up, as has been said before, envenom to not hit that cap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]