LFD ques and the groups they put you in

85 Draenei Warrior
So before the "roll a tank class" responses I have in fact a tank actually I have all tank classes but that does not help me at all when I play my rogue or mage.

What still really bugs me is that after waiting 10-20 mins to get into a group as a dps when you finally get put into a group they are on the last boss and then done so you waited 20 mins for 1 boss now back before when it was all about the speed frosty runs that would have been great but now the only reason to que up is to get points and so you want to do all the bosses and get all the points especially after waiting for so long. It makes no sense that the game would put a person waiting for 10-20 mins already into a instance 99% finished thats just a total waste of time in my opinion.

Also when you do get finally into a group only to be kicked before the first pull because somebody thinks you need a 9000 gs for h uk why on earth do you then have to re-que and have to start at the bottom of the list ? its not your fault you got put into a group with an idiot why do you get punished again by wasting your time while they get rewarded by hand picking who and what they get.

Too many DPS people are punished by having so much of their gaming time wasted all because of some idiot clicking a button and kicking them out all because it amuses them and they know it will not effect them one single bit yet the dps just had 20 mins of his time wasted and now has to re que and try again.

Blizzard you need to do a bit more work on the instance que system since it is such a big part of the game now. You have to not waste players time by putting them in a instance 95% done after waitng for so long to walk away with points from a single boss. If the game puts you into a instance that is already killed bosses at the end it should give you the points for all the bosses a present for you sticking in there and finishing it and not being punished for joining a already in progress instance.

When you get kicked out of an instance because some player you have never played with and will probably never see again because they think its funny or because some addon told them your number wasn't epic you then having to re-que and start at the bottom of the list is just bad game design. If your kicked you should be placed back at the top of the list especially if you got kicked before the first pull i mean come on.

Tanks and healers all have very fast queus so they care very little for kicking people, dropping groups and being generally total idiots because they know they get zero repercussions from the game and can always get into another instance in seconds after they que up. DPS is left a lot of the time getting screwed over in the system they have now.

Edited by Tycus on 11/11/2010 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you'd like to see changes implemented to the dungeon queue system, by all means - post over on the Suggestion Forums (on the older site, they still read that one)! ^_~
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Tanks and healers all have very fast queus so they care very little for kicking people, dropping groups and being generally total idiots because they know they get zero repercussions from the game and can always get into another instance in seconds after they que up. DPS is left a lot of the time getting screwed over in the system they have now.

As someone who is trying to level DPS alts in dungeons, I hear your anguish my friend.
Unfortunately the disparity in queue lengths is brought about because far more people want to nuke something into oblivion than hold back the mobs from the group or stay back and heal. As a result there are more DPS to Tanks and Healers and longer queues.
Edited by Admino on 11/11/2010 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Do remember that it is not just one player kicking you. It's three of the other four players in the group. If only two of them disagree with the vote to kick, you are not kicked.

Also, as of a few patches back, players who Vote to Kick frequently have a much longer cooldown before they can kick a new player joining the group. Those who don't use it frequently have less of a cooldown. That means a player who initiates lots of kicks actually can't abuse it long before most dungeons would be finished before his cooldown is up.

You might not have a bad idea in the respect of a player who is kicked from a group using Vote to Kick should be asked if they want to be added back into the queue rather than dumped completely out. However, that also would aid those players who abuse the kick system. An example is a tank who dislikes the instance he gets, but refuses to leave group or tank - forcing the group to kick him so he doesn't get a Dungeon Deserter Debuff. Make being kicked too nice, and you'll see this behavior spread to more players. Either way, the old forum Suggestion Board would be the place to post that idea.

As to joining dungeons in progress, I've actually posted my own suggestions on that. I'd like players to have the choice when queueing whether to join a dungeon in progress or not - rather than only the option to leave queue or accept a 4/5 dungeon. However, I do see the pitfalls. Imagine being a group where a player d/c's before the last boss. After a bit of a wait you requeue, only to have several people reject the in-progress dungeon. Now that wait for a replacement gets even longer as people refuse to join.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
An example is a tank who dislikes the instance he gets, but refuses to leave group or tank - forcing the group to kick him so he doesn't get a Dungeon Deserter Debuff.

I've seen this happen a few times and it's pretty frustrating. If the dungeon happens to be Halls of Stone or something, the tank ninja-logs so he'll be booted while he is DC'ed, presumably to log back in after a few minutes and get a new instant queue. IMO this is abusing the system - when you queue for a random there is a possibility it'll be a dungeon you don't like, and by refusing to perform the role you were assigned when you clicked "Enter Dungeon" you are as much a Dungeon Deserter as someone who simply drops group.

Unfortunately I don't know how they could prevent people from doing this, other than giving the deserter debuff when kicked, which would be bad for obvious reasons.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
DPS queues are long because there are so many but that is not really the problem we can all accept that as just the way it is.

My problem with the way it is now a DPS waits patiently 10-20 even up to 30 mins to finally get into an instance and the game puts them into an instance with only one boss left alive that is a total waste of time for the DPS player waiting that long for so few points. If the game does put a DPS into such a group after him waiting for so long they should get the points at the end for all the bosses.

Same with being kicked, So after waiting 20+ mins to get into a group to be kicked in mins and having to re-que and start again at the very bottom of the list again is a complete time waste for the DPS player and that needs a game change.

If a tank or healer drops or gets kicked it really doesn't matter because they are back into a new instance in seconds so any group problems really have no real effect on them because they never have to wait around for 20 mins to get into a instance.

This is a DPS class problem and they should be treated a bit different by the LFD system BECAUSE of the long waits they have for every single instance. All DPS have long queues that isn't even debatable and because of this when a group fails or they get into a group 95% done it really is a time waste and a punishment more then a reward and blizzard needs to rework that part of it because the way it is now DPS is punished by the system.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The only times I've initiated a kick or voted to kick someone is if they dc'd for more than a couple minutes, were a complete jerk, or went afk. Yesterday, some cross-realm dps put me on follow and did less damage than I did as healer (I was at 3%, he was at 2%). :( I have no problem with newbies who are trying but just aren't geared up yet, we've carried them through frequently with no trouble at all, but he wasn't making even minimal effort. People like that, or who say rude, sexist, or racist things deserve to have to wait before they can inflict themselves on another group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]