SoJ, or how I learned to love Truth

85 Dwarf Paladin
Switching between seals right now is not that big of an issue, but you have to take into account that our mana efficiency takes a huge hit at 85. Seal swapping then might now be so good. I do switch to justice against certain targets, such as fire mages and druids, but that's it. And even then, if I have anyone else snaring them, I don't switch.

And to the person who talked about how target swapping is undesirable with Seal of Truth, I agree. However, in that case, I still find righteousness to be superior to Justice.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
What if they gave Justice a sort of Festering Strike treatment where every time you apply it, it adds 5 seconds to the duration? ie

Hit someone: 5s remaining
2s later, hit again, 8s remaining

And so on. So unless you get knocked out of range right away, you have time to use long arm to quickly get back in range, knowing they won't be escaping just as quickly as you're pursuing.

Oh, and make it not dispellable if it truly can be removed. Then MAYBE I'll actually get hit with it in PvP.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
They could just get rid of LAotL and bake it into SoJ. That's one way to make us use it in PvP. It's not like other specs are getting LAotL anyway. And by bake it in, I mean instead of allowing it on all seals, make it a SoJ buff only, that way they wouldn't have to redo the talent trees again.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
They could just get rid of LAotL and bake it into SoJ. That's one way to make us use it in PvP. It's not like other specs are getting LAotL anyway. And by bake it in, I mean instead of allowing it on all seals, make it a SoJ buff only, that way they wouldn't have to redo the talent trees again.

Artificially being forced to use SoJ for LAotL would royally suck. Aside from that, I love using LAotL in pve; I finally feel like I have some decent mobility on movement encounters :(
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin

Artificially being forced to use SoJ for LAotL would royally suck. Aside from that, I love using LAotL in pve; I finally feel like I have some decent mobility on movement encounters :(

Yeah, that's true about it being nice in PvE. IDK, I was just throwing out a quick fix idea to make us use SoJ, I do hope that some of the other ideas get implemented instead though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah, that's true about it being nice in PvE. IDK, I was just throwing out a quick fix idea to make us use SoJ, I do hope that some of the other ideas get implemented instead though.

It's easy enough to have them "make" us use SoJ; it'd be along the lines of a completely artificial limiter like the one you just outlined. Making us "want" to use SoJ is something else entirely.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
What's clear though is that at this point, buffing SoJ's damage isn't the way to go. In order to buff it, its damage would have to remain lower than the two other seals so as not to make them irrelevant. However, the debuff is so weak that nothing short of allowing it to do nearly as much damage as righteousness will make it desirable. So it's really the debuff that needs changing. And I don't think simply increasing the duration of the debuff will do. It's necessary for it to actually be worthwhile, but that change by itself wouldn't make me want to use SoJ instead of another seal.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It would be cool if both Justice and Insight did the same damage as Righteousness, but each had their own utility attached. That way we'd have three seals to choose from for defense, control, or sustained damage. Each with their won distinct advantages and disadvantages; each in a more distinctive role while maintaining seals primarily as a dps boost.

Of course the Justice effect would still be in question, but it might be in a more meaningful spot to be compared to the others. SoR is also in an odd spot for ret, as both a burst and a cleave seal. Do we really need a cleaving seal anymore?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]